Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Grey Outback
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!!!

I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time and one thing I've learned to do it protect the seats from the little humans (aka kids) and pets...

Any seat cover brand or recommendations for the cloth seats?

Thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey!!!

I tend to keep my vehicles for a long time and one thing I've learned to do it protect the seats from the little humans (aka kids) and pets...

Thanks!

I have the Bell All Terrain seatcovers. I’ll have a video and review of them next week on my YouTube channel and Instagram WhiteKnuckle392. I had them on my 2016 and love them. Super cheap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Subiesweatt

·
Registered
2018 Grey Outback
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Bell All Terrain seatcovers. I’ll have a video and review of them next week on my YouTube channel and Instagram WhiteKnuckle392. I had them on my 2016 and love them. Super cheap too.

I'm not too versed on Subaru... yet. Are the cloth seats on the 16' the same as 18'?

Also, part number?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm not too versed on Subaru... yet. Are the cloth seats on the 16' the same as 18'?

Also, part number?

Yes all the seats in Gen 5 are the same. These are aftermarket. I bought them on Amazon for about 12.00 each.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey!!!

Thanks!

I bought this coverking cover about a year ago immediately when I bought my 2016 outback as I have the light color cloth seats. I love them although haven't used the back seat bags as I had hoped as I think it interferes too much with seat space in the back.
I wanted a durable fabric and got that. Althoigh I feel like I'm always getting hot on them which I was hoping I'd avoid going away from neoprene. My only complaint is I'm getting a little fraying starting in the seam in the middle of the seat which I'll most likely add some epoxy to all the seams to strengthen it.

·
Registered
'16 Outback 3.6R
74 Posts
Note that there are airbags in both the side cushion and the bottom cushion of the front seats. Any seat cover you get should be designed for the Outback and should allow for the airbag's proper deployment. I doubt if those $12 covers do this.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
440 Posts
Note that there are airbags in both the side cushion and the bottom cushion of the front seats. Any seat cover you get should be designed for the Outback and should allow for the airbag's proper deployment. I doubt if those $12 covers do this.
Pay careful attention to this issue! Very few aftermarket seat covers are compatible with airbags in the seats. Ask the seat cover manufacturer to supply a statement in writing regarding compatibility with the Outback seat airbags. Odds are you will never get such a statement from them.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 2.5L, Auto; 2018 Forester, 2.5L, Auto (for Mama); 2005 Baja, 2.5 Turbo, Manual
684 Posts
Got a set from seatcovers.com -- huge selection of different materials and prices, custom fit to work with blow up restraints in the seats (I refuse to call them "air bags" because they're explosive, not air, personal hangup)

·
Registered
2018 Grey Outback
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a set from seatcovers.com -- huge selection of different materials and prices, custom fit to work with blow up restraints in the seats (I refuse to call them "air bags" because they're explosive, not air, personal hangup)
Can you post pictures?

I didn't see Subaru there... Any idea of the part number?

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
12 Posts
I ordered a pair of Wet Okole neoprene-like waterproof seat covers for my 2017 OB 3.6R Ltd. They are custom made for the model and according to the company's online info should not interfere with the airbags. It included a cover for the arm rest on center console. Nice quality, I thought.
Spendy though... Paid $344 for the covers in black/tan with piping. (I sold my OB and kept the seat covers thinking they'd fit my wife's CrossTrek, but she likes her sporty seats with orange accents. So, theoretically, they could be for sale if interested.)

https://www.wetokole.com/subaru_outback_seat_covers.html

·
Registered
2018 Grey Outback
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered a pair of Wet Okole neoprene-like waterproof seat covers for my 2017 OB 3.6R Ltd. They are custom made for the model and according to the company's online info should not interfere with the airbags. It included a cover for the arm rest on center console. Nice quality, I thought.
Spendy though... Paid $344 for the covers in black/tan with piping. (I sold my OB and kept the seat covers thinking they'd fit my wife's CrossTrek, but she likes her sporty seats with orange accents. So, theoretically, they could be for sale if interested.)

I went to their webpage and my head still spinning... I'm getting old. :grin2:

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited, ES, HK, hitch, wheel arch moldings, Glasscoat.
79 Posts

I bought the same Wet Okole seat covers, all black, for my 15. I just took them off, washed them with wetsuit shampoo, and put them on my 18, and they look like new. I love them--they look like factory, are bulletproof, and very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2014 Outback 2.5i 6MT1997 Legacy Brighton 2.2L 5MT
33 Posts
Those Wet Okole neoprene seatcovers are tempting! (My seats have ivory cloth.)

Anyone know how they behave with seat warmers?
Comments about use in hot or cold weather?
Puncture resistance with doggie nails?

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited, ES, HK, hitch, wheel arch moldings, Glasscoat.
79 Posts
Those Wet Okole neoprene seatcovers are tempting! (My seats have ivory cloth.)

Anyone know how they behave with seat warmers?
Comments about use in hot or cold weather?
Puncture resistance with doggie nails?
Mine work fine with the seat warmers--probably a little more delay, but I can't tell.

They are very comfy in warm and cold weather--firmly padded with horizontal channels that add support and ventilation.

I don't know about dog nails, they can be rough!

·
Registered
2018 Outback, 2.5L, Limited
26 Posts
I bought this coverking cover about a year ago immediately when I bought my 2016 outback as I have the light color cloth seats. I love them although haven't used the back seat bags as I had hoped as I think it interferes too much with seat space in the back.
I wanted a durable fabric and got that. Althoigh I feel like I'm always getting hot on them which I was hoping I'd avoid going away from neoprene. My only complaint is I'm getting a little fraying starting in the seam in the middle of the seat which I'll most likely add some epoxy to all the seams to strengthen it.

Get a hold of Cover King before you try to fix the fraying. I've used Cover King for 20+ years and their customer service support is amazing. I used the ballistic covers for the last 6 years in my old truck and found them to be amazing and protecting the seats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts