Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback Limited
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat still heats up, but the light indicating the switch is on does not.
Wondering whether it's worth trying to fix it as it's working, but wondered if this is going to be a tough part to find ?

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I am sure there is a small bulb there but knowing Subaru, you will have to buy the whole switch.
I once wanted to replace a small bulb on another switch only to find out that one has to buy the whole assembly....

·
Registered
18,180 Posts
There's several threads on this same topic. Do some searching -- I'm sure there's at least one relating to the seat heater switches specifically, and which bulb to use.

·
Registered
2001 VDC Wagon
202 Posts
If you take the switch apart, there is a small bulb in the switch that can be removed and replaced with a reasonably sized bulb from radioshack. It's a little tedious, but not too bad.

·
Registered
2002 OBW LL Bean
53 Posts
On LL Bean, and others, be careful of breaking the "bezel"

For me, the worst part of replacing seat heater switch bulbs was pulling out the "wood" bezel that frames around the shifter and 1/2 way up the dash. If I remember right, pull up on the back (toward the back of the car) part of the bezel until it pops out and no more - you may need a putty knife for this.

Don't pull up too high on the back part because the next step is to pull straight back on the vertical part of the bezel to release the "pins" on the bezel. If you pull up too high on the rear part of bezel, you may break the plastic pins on the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts