Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Outbacks! 2008 Outback, I had a couple of seat questions: I’d like to switch out my cloth front seats with a set of leather seats. Both are heated, I think the leather seats are out of an 06. There’s no battery in the car, so there’s (I figure) no chance of setting off an airbag, right? Does this car even have airbags in the seats? Is there any special procedure for removing front seats?

Also, related to this- one of the seats has a small (about 2”)spot that needs re- stitching. I figured I’d remove the bottom leather cover and have it stitched back together. Can I just snip the “hog rings” and pull off the bottom cover like I did with my old Volvo?

Thanks, Dave

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,303 Posts
Should be mostly plug and play. Few connectors under seat, probably 4 bolts per seat into floorboard.

Easy to remove, just a bit awkward to do.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,591 Posts
The leather is probably 8-way power where as the cloth might not be.

That being said, the plugs are probably still there and the power seat function should be self-contained within the seat base.

·
Registered
28 Posts
What color are the old seats? What are you doing with them? Are they shot, or did you just want leather? I have a small tear in the drivers seat, and have been looking for a replacement cover.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Timber- the cloth seats are black, and in excellent shape- we just wanted leather. Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts