Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 WRX, 2017 BRZ, 2017 Legacy
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Legacy 2.5i Premium, and my biggest complaint is the driver's seat with no lateral support.

Do the Limited, 3.6R or other Subaru's have better seats? Those would be the easiest ones to swap in.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,197 Posts
what has better seats:

a car that has been to a auto upholster for some custom padding and more material.

_____

legacy / outbacks typically have more material under your but,
but a WRX or STI may have more race style sides but may sit harder under your butt.

______-
re-using maybe problematic, like you may not be able to get seats from a wreck and use them. (no used airbag rules ...varies by state for used stuff).

and such airbags need to be paired to the car. and not many here discuss of swapping seats in such new cars,...so you maybe the first to find out what does not bolt up ...after you bought it.

so adding custom padding to the seat by a upholstery shop maybe best and cheapest.

·
Registered
'17 3.6R Touring Brillant Brown Pearl
2,424 Posts
We had a loaner car for 2 weeks. A 2.5i

I can tell you for sure, the Touring seats are waaay more comfortable than the base models.
Better than our Gen3, also.

·
Registered
2016 WRX, 2017 BRZ, 2017 Legacy
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what has better seats:

a car that has been to a auto upholster for some custom padding and more material.

_____

legacy / outbacks typically have more material under your but,
but a WRX or STI may have more race style sides but may sit harder under your butt.

______-
re-using maybe problematic, like you may not be able to get seats from a wreck and use them. (no used airbag rules ...varies by state for used stuff).

and such airbags need to be paired to the car. and not many here discuss of swapping seats in such new cars,...so you maybe the first to find out what does not bolt up ...after you bought it.

so adding custom padding to the seat by a upholstery shop maybe best and cheapest.
Those are very good points, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts