Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 09 Outback with heated leather (drivers side power). Local junkyard has a 09 limited with both leather seats powered. I'm assuming (thats never safe) that it should be a quick swap, with one exceptíon - what wiring do I need to grab as well?

·
Registered
09 Legacy GT, 08 Legacy 2.5i, 09 Outback 2.5i
164 Posts
It should fit/function without issue as far as the SRS system and the heated seat function. On my son's 09 Outback 2.5i SE we installed dual power heated leather seats from an 09 Legacy GT. Only wire that we needed to splice in was the 12v+ for the pass side power seat function. Most 09's have the Harmon Cardon amp on this side under the seat. I used a simple inline wire tap to grab the 12v from the amp's 12v+ power wire. It works fine. The need to use the power seat motor is really super low duty cycle so no issue with this setup that I can see. I do not recall if they gave us the wiring pigtail as well for the pass side power seat or not.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thinking more just now I am pretty certain they included the wiring pigtails on all the seat connectors. I recall this because of remembering that disconnecting the SRS yellow connector is by design a major PITA and thus the salvage place finds it just easiest to chop the main seat wire bundle and remove/sell it that way. Make double certain you have the battery disconnected and the system de-energized before messing with the yellow SRS seat connector.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, its a "pick N pull" so shouldnt be a issue - if needed I can easily chase the wires back to wherever there is a common harness

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, its a "pick N pull" so shouldnt be a issue - if needed I can easily chase the wires back to wherever there is a common harness
Yes, that makes it easy to get what you need. There are three wiring plugs to the HK amp under the pass seat. Two slightly thicker red wires on the middle plug are constant 12v power which is perfect for the power seat. Just use a simple wire tap to provide power to the power seat functions in the replacement seat. I only needed <12" of added wire for this and did not mess with trying to figure out where a 'factory' power source should be for the power seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts