Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys n gals!
I come in peace from fordxr6turbo forums :bootyshak
I'm looking to upgrade the seat in my little brothers 2.5L 2000 Gen 2 Outback for Christmas as his is basically a piece of wood with a sheet over it, the owner for the first 15 years was an extra large fellow and there's zero padding left. Now this is just a poor uni students car full of fast food wrappers and water bottles but he drives 5hrs to/from uni whenever he comes home and trips are actually painful.

So not looking for anything super hectic or too expensive but nice and comfortable and will fit.

Any suggestions on seats?
After market or premium factory options?
Are all Subaru seat mounts the same?
Websites/suppliers?
Any other advice?

Never had anything to do with a Subaru before so some suby sympathy would be nice plz :smile2:

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
Easiest and cheapest?

Go to local junkyard or craigslist. Grab one out of corresponding era Outback.

Can get different Subaru front seats easily, depending on the type of seat he wants. But a front seat in decent shape will be in the $50-100 tops range on craigslist/parts yard.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts
swap in another 1999-2003 aussie year (that looks just like the one in need) legacy outback or legacy seat. get one on a part out, or in a pick and pull.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,194 Posts

other things to nab:

in this day with a 18 year old car. just get aftermarket audio. no need to try to find mint things that have been in dashes, doors, and under seats for that long

....except subaru tweets, out of the front doors at the side mirrors. if that car does not have them.
(a nice clean design, inside the car, that is up and out of the door).

_______

subaru seat mounts of the period are the same. impreza / forester seats can be a bit narrow / hard though.
WRX ones may have more bolstering.

(legacy = liberty in austrailia?)

_________

if you can find a factory rear wing nab it (any color,...paint it black or have a shop paint it to match)
,...if not possibly a rear dust valence that does the same thing. = such things keep the rear window clear of dust and on subaru wagons with them, one hardly needs use the rear wiper at all.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/99-do-yourself-illustrated-guides/12934-2000-2004-diy-rear-spoiler-installation.html

____

rubber floor mats. and a rubber hatch mat if that car is missing them,.
..a working cargo cover roller shade, (such things loose their screws, or get parked in a closet, to separate them from the car).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys! I'll go and have a look what I can find at our local wreckers, although they're not very big so i don't know what my chances for good parts are like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts