Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a 2012 or 13 Outback has an unlimited warranty on the seatbelt. Does the 2001 Outback also have this kind of warranty? The drivers seatbelt is getting very stiff probably from baking in the sun for 12 years and it does not want to roll back up freely.

I was wondering if this could be reparied for free..

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
Nothing that I have heard or came up with in my reasearch. Go to a junkyard and pick one up. I bet $10 would cover it

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
belts from the late 90s have a lifetime warranty. but i don't know if stiff would qualify. stop by the dealer and ask. i think you would have to say it doesn't work some times , or the similar.

i know frayed will get them replaced.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the warranty book and yes it says lifetime warranty on the 2001 seatbelt.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,656 Posts
I found the warranty book and yes it says lifetime warranty on the 2001 seatbelt.
seriously?

I've a got a rear belt that always tangles on retraction, and a 'button' missing from a front belt - the one that keeps the buckle from sliding to the floor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seriously?

I've a got a rear belt that always tangles on retraction, and a 'button' missing from a front belt - the one that keeps the buckle from sliding to the floor.
It's limited lifetime. Says does not cover discoloration or cosmetics. Probably worth checking out.

·
Registered
01 Outback base
195 Posts
seriously?

I have that same problem with my passenger rear seatbelt. could that be covered under warranty? it seems like that should be, if it doesn't retract well it would not protect the person wearing it. right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts