Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I drove, at length, my sister's new 2013 Limited 4-cyl (that's the middle version, right?)...Cloth seats. I am torn...I didn't like the seats...hard, not very supportive, and a tad short on the thighs reaching out to the knees.
This may be a deal breaker, as I am also looking at used (excuse me, Pre-Owned) Volvo XC70's... Their seats feel 'really nice'.
Is there a difference in the structure/seating between the leather and the cloth? Is the leather seat less firm/ almost platform like?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you sure is was the Limited as I am fairly sure the Limited is standard with leather? I find the leather seats in mine to be very comfortable, quite nice, and supportive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
my leather seats seem quite fine. I have read the leather seats are more comfortable than the cloth. From Consumer Reports: "Seat comfort and access: The leather seats are well shaped and nicely padded, and the power lumbar support is a welcome addition. Our only beef was the short seat cushion, which provides limited thigh support. Rear-seat comfort was impressive, and three adults can sit in the back with relative ease. But toe room is a little tight. Assist grips above each door aid access to the front and rear."

·
Registered
351 Posts
Our Volvo seats were comfy, I won't say our Outback Limited seats are uncomfy, but will say I just bought an Outback when I could afford another new Volvo. YMMV

·
Registered
271 Posts
this was my main gripe with the Outback seats, but I've gotten used to them over time. This is coming from Saab seats which I found to be about the most comfortable and supportive seats I've ever been in for a car (comparable to Volvo).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
sph3re
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing