Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,097 Posts
Ford has had it forever and it's much easier to use.
Ok, but not sure why this comment was directed to my post. Is it even relevant to the discussion?

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy with Subaru's implementation. It's obviously not intended for routine use, more for the 'oops I forgot my fob' situation (and of course some use it recreationally). Sure, it's a little slower than a keypad, but there's nothing difficult about using it. In fact, the proximity key system is so convenient, I wouldn't want a keypad on my door. There's no need for one.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
32 Posts
I love this feature. As a hiker/backpacker, I always worry about losing my key in the woods. Now I can just hide it inside and use the PIN.

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,097 Posts
People just find a random "reply" button. I doubt this was really directed at your post.
Happens all the time, no harm imo.
Could be, although this is a member with nearly 400 posts, so I wanted to check if maybe they had misread mine. And if it's user error, rather than ignore it, I think I'd prefer someone made me aware of my mistake.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Could be, although this is a member with nearly 400 posts, so I wanted to check if maybe they had misread mine. And if it's user error, rather than ignore it, I think I'd prefer someone made me aware of my mistake.
isn't it simply a response to the first part of that post - "One of my favorite features - I'm sort of surprised it's not more common on other makes." ?

·
Registered
2015 3.6R Limited w/ES
3,097 Posts
isn't it simply a response to the first part of that post - "One of my favorite features - I'm sort of surprised it's not more common on other makes." ?
Yeah, that seems likely, it's just that I never claimed Subaru to be the only make with such a feature (although I am unaware of anything similar apart from the driver's door keypads you see occasionally). All I implied was that it doesn't seem to be very common. Anyway, just trying to keep the "fanboy" stink off myself. ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bingo.
Ever since I had my first Ford with it, I wished more manufacturers did it.

·
Registered
MY19 Outback 3.6R Premium
13 Posts
Is this a Gen. 6 only feature, or does it work on Gen. 5 to?
It's available on all Subaru models that have push-button start. Where the Outback and Forester have extra button to enter the PIN in, other models just use the tailgate/trunk release button to enter the PIN instead.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
90 Posts
I went to this site
and did what he shows. It works like a charm. I put a code in mine, probably won't ever need it, it's better to have it and not need it, etc. May have already been shown or talked about, but there it is again.
Seems like everyone forgot to mention that this only works for models with keyless access... 🙄

·
Registered
13 Posts
Door lock buttons on the front doors.
I manually lock the door using the inside rocker switch, then hold open the door handle and close the door. If I close the door without holding out the door handle, the door unlocks again (this is a general safety feature as you're supposed to lock it either with the fob/touch control, or with a manual key).

·
Registered
'18 Outback 3.6R Dark Blue Pearl
7 Posts
Can you clear or reprogram over the old code if you cant remember it or do not know if the code stuck the first time around?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you clear or reprogram over the old code if you cant remember it or do not know if the code stuck the first time around?
Manual says coding it to 22222 clears all stored codes.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
13 Posts
You just follow the same process to replace it with a new code. I would definitely do this if you bought the car second hand, for example, to guarantee that the previous owner can't get into the car if he happens to see it parked somewhere.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts