Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any suggestions on how to secure a battery jumper/compressor combo in the rear area of my outback. I can't have it just sitting in the back seat or cargo area any more in case of a crash. Has anyone made similar modifications to very safely secure something in case of a crash yet still removable for use?

Descriptions or pictures would be greatly appreciated and where to buy supplies if not just at hardware store. Thanks!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I keep mine, along with misc other tools, in a plastic storage box which sits on the floorboard behind the driver seat. I actually have one on both sides behind the front seats. I rarely have rear passengers so it’s not a problem in my situation.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There's a surprising amount of room in the donut tire well, especially if you remove the top styrofoam piece. I have a small compressor in there as well as a variety of other stuff. It'll depend on the shape and size of your combo, of course, but that might work. HPH

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
If it has a handle and you really think it necessary, tether it to one of the cargo tie-down rings.

Personally, I just lay my (small, light) jump-start pack on the floor immediately behind the rear seat. I figure that if I'm ever in an accident where it's even possible for it to become a projectile in the cabin, that would be the least of my worries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts