Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cv axle is seized into my hub assembly at this point I’ve given up trying to remove it and am just trying to find a new steering knuckle as I’m rebuilding my entire suspension anyways. As it so happens tho it is almost impossible to find a steering knuckle for my 1999 legacy outback anywhere except ebay. Has anyone ran into this problem of the cv seizing into the hub assembly or does anyone know of a good place that I can purchase a steering knuckle at?

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,656 Posts
Same thing happened on our ‘11 outback. The mechanic had a bugger of a time getting things apart.

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5i manual
45 Posts
My cv axle is seized into my hub assembly at this point I’ve given up trying to remove it and am just trying to find a new steering knuckle as I’m rebuilding my entire suspension anyways. As it so happens tho it is almost impossible to find a steering knuckle for my 1999 legacy outback anywhere except ebay. Has anyone ran into this problem of the cv seizing into the hub assembly or does anyone know of a good place that I can purchase a steering knuckle at?

Happened to me on my old Legacy. It was incredibly difficult to remove the axle from the hub/spindle assembly.

Also happened when trying to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing.

In those situations, I agree, it's just best to replace the entire assembly. I found my replacements at a local junkyard. They will be your best deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts