Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to sell my Subaru Outback 2000....What are the proper steps to sell my car? I ain't trading in my car because the money I get back is a joke lol.

2000 white subaru outback
124,000 miles
New transmission
motor is great
only been in one accident
back bumper is minor scratches

THANKS

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
"proper" steps, totally up to you, there's no proper way.

1. craigslist
2. for sale sign in the window in a location with good visibility
3. autotrader
4. various other online places to sell cars
5. subaru forums.

the first 2 and #5 are free. autotrader, local papers/classifieds, craigslist are my prefered choices. the sign in the window sucks...you get too many tire kickers just asking if it's cheap or that have more time to burn on their hands than i do. i've sold quite a few Subarus and i don't think it's ever been to someone seeing it for sale on the road. put it online and you'll get folks actually specifically looking for Subaru's and that vehicle. advertise it well and you won't waste much time either...i usually sell to the first or second person that comes to look at it.

time is key - if you want to sell it quick you'll get $4,500 for it. if you're willing to wait a long time - you can get $5,500 for it. of course you can get lucky or not...but in general how long you're willing to wait out for a buyer is important too.

around here yours would get $4,500 - $6,000 depending on condition and how long you want to wait to sell it. particularly having been in an accident, that will deter some folks.

you don't post your location but if you live in a winter area at all yours will sell faster the closer winter and snow comes.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback Limited - 2.5 L Boxer H4 - 5 Speed Manual
341 Posts
Sold my Jeep Cherokee, not through CL, or any online source, but with the sign in the window by the road :) Still, stick with all the options, as grossgary listed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.