Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 Outback 3.0L DOHC 243 hp
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find on here but I often get lost.

So I went through the bottom, but some say you need to unbolt the fog light.

Whats funny was I was trying to take the bulb off the white wire circuit thinking it was the engine wire not realising you replace the whole lot lol. I was getting so frustrated.

This is the type of H3 bulb it is. Any tips, can I just reconnect the new one, put the bulb in its housing and put the retaining clip over then the cover?

https://www.hella.co.nz/en/products/bulbs/h3-halogen-bulbs/h3-halogen-bulb-12v-55w.html

Also the screws for one of the license plate lights are really tight, Ive nearly threaded them. Any tips, should I be using an exact driver size?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I guess I accidently did 75% of the work then lol.

Those **** clips. How do you get them back in, or do you just buy new ones?

I didnt bother disconnecting battery earth, is that a major?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the clips that hold the guard to the bumper and steel, they dont go back in easy, I dont have the tool for them which is prob why. Right now I have it held on with high strength fishing line haha. Ill change to zip ties if I can find how to put them back in.

Also I cant reach the bolts that hold the air filter on so I cant move the air filter so I can change the park light, is there another way?

Is it easier to just take the whole head light assembly off the front? I think there are 3 screws and Ill need to disconnect and the headlamp?

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,174 Posts
I used the metal portion of bread ties, and some tiny screws to fasten them around to hold the grille covers on mine (anti theft too). Made them nice and tight using some vice grips to twist them snug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts