Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 OUTBACK L.L.BEAN WAGON H6-3.0
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help tracking down service records for my 2002 outback, it seems that Subaru doesn't have a data base like Honda on tracking service records of previous owners, I purchased my Subaru in Pa. which came from the NJ. Are there any Subaru Techs that can advise me on how to retrieve service records and get a print out. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
41 Posts
The only way to do it is to locate the dealership that first sold the car and call in and hope they will give you records based on the vin. They might not because they have no record of you owning the car. If that falls I would call the parent company of the dealership they have the ability to look up service records too. Just hope who ever answers the phone is in a good mood.

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,071 Posts
Subaru can pull information from service that has been done at a dealer, even if the dealer isn't the one you're standing in.
The hard part is finding someone/knowing someone well enough at the dealer to get them to do this for you.
For whatever reason Subaru has taught them to be mindful about this.
Service outside the dealer cannot be tracked beyond hard receipts.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring w/EyeSight
479 Posts
There is My Subaru which will give you data only if the car was serviced by subaru.

https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/account.html
Does yours show service that was done before you bought the vehicle?

Mine did at first, then it disappeared. I e-mailed Subaru and they said that was normal. They delete all the old records when the vehicle changes hands.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Does yours show service that was done before you bought the vehicle?

Mine did at first, then it disappeared. I e-mailed Subaru and they said that was normal. They delete all the old records when the vehicle changes hands.
Mine shows nothing. The Carfax shows regular maintenance at a NH Subaru dealer, though, so it seems like this is exactly what they do.

Oh well, it's not going to show anything under my ownership anyway unless I get really lazy and don't want to do something myself or there's a recall I'd like them to fix.

·
Registered
2002 OUTBACK L.L.BEAN WAGON H6-3.0
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of your wisedom and advise, I guess I'll have to take some dounuts to the dealership and hope for the best!!!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Donuts are for the Police and maybe salesmen, it's chicken wings and spare ribs for the boys in the service dept.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring w/EyeSight
479 Posts
My wife went through a LOT of tires one year. Sam's Club just kept replacing them, but they knew her by name. She felt beer was especially well received....
--

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Your right, I always look for a Beer with ribs and wings !!

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
There is My Subaru which will give you data only if the car was serviced by subaru.

https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/account.html
My Subaru is great for tracking info if you are the CURRENT owner. The PO of my car e-mailed me the info he downloaded from his my-subaru profile. However that info does not cross over when you register the car yourself, and Subaru will not transfer it for you.

I emailed Subaru and asked. They were very pleasant in their reply and even confirmed that all the recall work was done, but basically said no dice on giving me the data.

Your best bet is probably asking the local dealer and seeing if they will give you any info.

If it works, let me know, I may hit my dealer up too :29:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts