Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'13 SOB Limited, 2.5L, Ice Silver
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a '13 SOB limited. I had to let go of my '99 VW Passat turbo. Not looking back. No regrets. Momma and I are going to take the new ride fro Akron to Pittsburgh next weekend for a dog show. We are looking for a new traveling companion. Weather looks to be fair to good for late March. I have read a few post that stated there SOB liked running above 70 mph. I'll probably take it easy and let the car tell me where it is comfortable. They used to tell you not to run your new vehicle hard for extended periods. Anyone have any thoughts on this subject. I would like to hear them. I post my thoughts after we return home. I hope all have a good holiday.

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
The one thing I have read and is even stated in the owners manual is to make sure you alternate speed/rpms in the first 1000+ miles. I.E. don't set the cruise on a 700 mile flat stretch and just let it run. Run it at 70 for five minutes, then drop it to 65 then up then down etc.

Enjoy the trip, the show, and the new dog!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts