Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
too many V-Power signs at the station by me. They must have 20 signs for an 8 pump station.
That, and for some reason, they laugh at me when I hand them my BP card ;)

·
Administrator
4,269 Posts
I've never seen it or heard of it until recently, can anyone say Chevron rip off? :rolleyes: IMO the two best gasoline brands I've use are Chevron and BP, I'd say Shell comes in a close third. Although Shell gas is almost always higher priced than anything else. I may just try some of this V-Power gas, hopefully they'll have it in 92 here in Omaha.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just returned from a family vacation to Minnesota, Tennessee and back to Virginia. I saw lots of Shell V power signs over the 3500 miles on our trip. It is ONLY available in the "Super" variety.

However, my Subies have preferred Texaco gasolines. Back in '95 I saw a bill board saying "Give us 5 tanks." By the third tank the engine stopped pinging on regular so ever since I use Texaco mid-grade exclusively.

Around Tidewater area Texaco is very competitively priced, Citgo and Crown are almost always cheaper. And between Crown and Citgo, Crown performed better in my past cars.

·
Outback onsight...
1,264 Posts
marketing

It's all marketing ! just like CHevron/Texaco/76 ... Bottom line 92 octane is still 92 octane!!! and you just pay them or someone else. Get some octane boost 108!!! or AV gas ! And to complain about cost is absurd ! We have the cheapest gas in the world ...Even if it's $2.50plus a gallon! :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
4,269 Posts
I wanted to revive this thread to say that over the holidays, while back in my hometown in Illinois, I filled up twice with 93 octane V-Power fuel. I will say that my Outback ran better on that stuff than any other fuel I've ever used, to include Chevron 93 and BP 92 & 93.

My mileage was great and performance was certainly better, I may have to get rid of my BP card and get a Shell card. I guess times are changing in the gasoline world, or at least in my gasoline dreams.

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
I've been wondering about this subject and am glad to see the tread started back up.

I too have been trying out different fuels and have found that my sub runs and feels a lot better with V-Power. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems that power is more constant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Subhuman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing