Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We turned over the 1,000 mile mark today. So far, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Today, I hauled my men out to lunch, and everyone had plenty of room. That's saying something since they are 5'9, 5'11, 6'0 and 6'3.
I love the remote start, the engine power for merging, the ride and the capacity. She handles great in the rain. Have only filled up twice so far and still have a quarter tank. Haven't gotten to take a road trip yet, so around 18 mpg for city driving with lots of idling. Love the paddle shifters for steep hills.
Looking forward to many adventures!

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
I know that feeling. Curious, why did you go with the 3.6 over a 2.5? Probably what you are coming from influenced your choice.

Prepare for many more miles of bliss.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
Congrats. I remember when mine hit 1,000 (somewhere between Redding and Red Bluff CA on the return trip from Southern Oregon-August 2011. At last, I was able to use the Cruise Control.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hit mine about 400 miles ago. Redline time!!!!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know that feeling. Curious, why did you go with the 3.6 over a 2.5? Probably what you are coming from influenced your choice.

Prepare for many more miles of bliss.
My last 3 cars were all Toyota Camrys-the last one I kept 9 years. When I test drove the OB, I found the 2.5 lacking in power for merging and passing which I have to do frequently in my job for home health. I am not an aggressive driver or a tail-gater, but I'm not the one you hate to be behind either! I'm a 54 year old woman who grew up in the muscle car generation, and have just never grown accustomed to cars with slow pick-up:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats. I remember when mine hit 1,000 (somewhere between Redding and Red Bluff CA on the return trip from Southern Oregon-August 2011. At last, I was able to use the Cruise Control.
Jealous of your AWP with Premium package! Too bad they stopped offering that combo on the 3.6R

·
Registered
19 Posts
Went on a 1000+ mile road trip in Florida to break ours in. No highways, and a few dirt roads! Got just under 29 mpg for the trip. (Computer runs almost 2 mpg high.. have to adjust that yet.)

Everything great so far, except that some d-a** dinged the back left door in the parking lot at one of the last places we stopped to eat on the way home. Not exceptionally noticeable up high on the door, but enough to piss you off!

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Hit mine about 400 miles ago. Redline time!!!!!!
Pffbt. Redlined mine the day I got it. On purpose.

Been fine since.

Now, I'm not recommending you do it all the time or hammer on the engine early in its life. But a one or two time event ... no biggie.

Looking forward to a 1300 mile road trip next week. Gonna be great!

Aoeifa - sweet ride! Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
5th Subaru: 2017 3.6R Touring
15 Posts
I hit 1000 last week and texted a photo to my husband. He responded "uh, oh..watch out world".
Definitely enjoying it! (I do miss the grumble of my sport exhaust in the FX..but the turning radius makes up for it)

·
Registered
5th Subaru: 2017 3.6R Touring
15 Posts
there are ways to fix that! ;)
Oh..I know. :D (had cat backs on both WRXs and turbo back on the STi) It's on the list.
I will have to start researching on here for the best exhaust upgrade.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Limited
185 Posts
I'm at 509mi as of this morning... had it since Saturday.

What I am loving is that I can merge and pass with confidence and power to spare... all without breaking 3000 rpm.

Once it's broken in I'm gonna take it out on one of the lonely country highways near our place, bring it to a halt, then launch at WOT. I'm really curious what it'll do when opened up. 250+HP is nothing to sneeze at.

Congrats to the OP on your purchase and completing break-in!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for your kind comments, and sharing your experiences. Subie-enthusiasm is fun to share. I'm praying for rain so I can play a little:) 70% chance! (100% chance that I will find a dirt road if it does!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts