Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The shift lever indicator bulb that illuminates the selected gear in my 2002 OBW burned out. I replaced it once before at Napa, but this time they couldn't find a match and I have not been able to find out exactly what bulb it is??

I have searched online and one source suggested the sylvania 37ll, but that one was too wide at the plastic base to fit in the socket and too tall to fit in the housing it's enclosed in.

All responses (correct responses particularly) are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2002 OBW LL Bean
53 Posts
My 2002 OBW LL Bean has a bulb

I recently replaced it the bulb. Now that it's working I find that the indicator next to the automatic shift doesn't show what gear you're in similar to what I'm used to with other cars (where the gear you are in changes color). The indicator on the dash, however, does show which gear is selected.

I've owned the car for a week so I don't know if there is a problem, or not. Does anyone know if the indicator is working as designed?

Thanks

·
Registered
2000 outback llimited
234 Posts
+1 That's what i would like to know for sure also, i am use to a light next to the shift..makes it easier to see what gear i am in since i have my gps on the panel in front of the indicator :)

·
Registered
2002 OBW LL Bean
53 Posts
My guess is that you have a light on floor shifter. It's not hard to replace, if you have any questions that I can help with, let me know. Be careful not to break the bezel, if you have one. The toughest part for me was putting the fixture back in after inserting the bulb.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,444 Posts
On mine, 01, the console lights up all the indicators next to the shifter, not the selected gear. Red for P and N, Green for all others. The instrument cluster indicator outlines the selected gear in green. I'm not sure about a 00, but I believe it lights up the selected gear in the console.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts