Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Outback. It seems that every day in the morning and sometimes during the day that when I start off in first gear the whole car shakes pretty hard until I get going. I can sometimes avoid this by keeping the clutch depressed and revving the engine, slowly relasing the clutch (but this is hardly a good thing to do all of the time). My dealer has never heard of this problem and, of course, was unable to recreate the problem when they had the car. Can anyone out there give me any idea what this problem could be?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
It's probably clutch shudder/judder. I had it and the dealer replaced my clutch assembly due to the TSB on it. I have a MY02 OBS, and I know it affected WRX's also, but I'm not sure about Outbacks. Brian

TSB info

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
350 Posts
Definately sounds like clutch judder... my 2001 Outback has it. I bought my car with 62k on it. The dealer said if it was under 60k (powertrain warranty) they would have replaced it due to the TSB. Most dealers know of this issue as it is pretty common. Maybe take it to another dealer and see what they say. I've learned to live with it as it comes and goes. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts