Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
08, 2.5i
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the short throw shifter availible as an option on the Outback (esp. 2.5i)? Yesterday I visited a dealer and the salesperson did not think it was availible on the OB and is not listed as an option in the brochure, yet is listed as an option on the website. Also, anyone with a five speed, what are your opions of the shift and clutch action of the normal five speed? Some reviewers have called it notchy and unresponsive.

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2005 Outback XT Limited MT
2,408 Posts
I got the short-throw shifter as an option added to my 2005 Outback XT Ltd. I don't see why it would not be available for thi 2.5i as well. I love it, by the way.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i
3 Posts
ledge26 said:
Is the short throw shifter availible as an option on the Outback (esp. 2.5i)? Yesterday I visited a dealer and the salesperson did not think it was availible on the OB and is not listed as an option in the brochure, yet is listed as an option on the website. Also, anyone with a five speed, what are your opions of the shift and clutch action of the normal five speed? Some reviewers have called it notchy and unresponsive.
I have the '05 2.5i 5-speed. It is a little "notchy" but I wouldn't call it unresponsive. I considered the short-throw shifter, but decided that it was already fun to drive the way it is. Then again, I'm not as much of a connoisseur as a lot of people on the board.

If I had purchased the 2.5XT, I probably would have given the short-throw shifter a lot more thought. Man, the XT has got some boost for a wagon.

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5i wagon
2 Posts
My only complaint about the base 5-speed is the decidedly down-scale shift knob. Molded rubber without any sex appeal. Especially glaring in the '05 beige interior.

·
Registered
2005 OB XT Ltd MT, Garnet Red
134 Posts
I love the transmission on my XT Ltd. I thought about the short throw, but I'm quite happy w/ the existing shifter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts