Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 outback premium
I was swapping the trunk light out this morning with a brighter LED bulb when all **** broke loose. I had recently swapped out the map lights and dome light earlier this week, and this morning I decided to do the trunk. I popped the cover off, pulled the light, and replaced it with the new led. It worked, but it didn’t feel like it was seated properly so I pulled it and tried to reseat the bulb. In doing so I realized that now the other lights weren’t working. Now my key fob won’t lock/unlock the car or set the alarm off. The map and dome and trunk light won’t work. The clock also resets itself.

I pulled the fuse panel but I’m not sure which fuse is fried (hoping that’s the issue). Here in lies the problem I can’t get to the top rows to test (only can reach the bottom 3 rows, which all seem to be working). There’s just not enough room to get my hand in there.

I’d hate to take this to the dealer...but I may have to unless there are any tricks.

·
Registered
18,193 Posts
I don't have a 2017 wiring diagram -- latest is 2015. Using that, there is a common fuse, #26, 10 Amps, in the cabin fuse box. It's identified as "Back Up". That fuse also powers the part of the keyless entry system. Perhaps check that fuse ID in your Owners Manual (in the "Specifications" section) and if it's the same, check that fuse for continuity or just replace it with another of the same Amperage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was it!!!!
Thank you so much. I wish they described more things that were covered under the various fuses!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts