Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium, Autumn Green, Option Pkg 13
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - Brand new Subie owner here after having had 4 Hondas and 4 Toyotas over the years. Got a 2022 Outback Premium, Autumn Green Metallic with Package 13 on Wednesday and I'm psyched! Want to be able to sleep at Appalachian Trail parking areas and the like. Was hard (but not impossible) to do with my Civic LX. Here's my question. They did give me WeatherTech mats as well as carpeted floor mats but I noticed the carpeted floor mats are brown, not black, although my upholstery and car's overall carpeting is black (back seat photo attached)
. The dealer says basically that "all the Outback floor mats are this brown color except for the Touring which is an even darker brown." Does this sound correct? It's not a big deal but if they substituted this brown set when they should have given me black, I want the correct set. Thanks for any input and advice.

·
Registered
'22 Outback Limited XT Abyss Blue
516 Posts
Hi All - Brand new Subie owner here after having had 4 Hondas and 4 Toyotas over the years. Got a 2022 Outback Premium, Autumn Green Metallic with Package 13 on Wednesday and I'm psyched! Want to be able to sleep at Appalachian Trail parking areas and the like. Was hard (but not impossible) to do with my Civic LX. Here's my question. They did give me WeatherTech mats as well as carpeted floor mats but I noticed the carpeted floor mats are brown, not black, although my upholstery and car's overall carpeting is black (back seat photo attached) View attachment 517585 . The dealer says basically that "all the Outback floor mats are this brown color except for the Touring which is an even darker brown." Does this sound correct? It's not a big deal but if they substituted this brown set when they should have given me black, I want the correct set. Thanks for any input and advice.
I recently (this month) purchased a '22 OB Limited XT w/Titanium interior.

The carpet is black, and so are my carpeted floor mats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think the dealer was giving me a little two-step dance on that. I actually don't mind the brownish gray color but if it's supposed to be black, it should be black. I'm using the WeatherTech mats now anyway. Not sure if I want to make a further fuss out of it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,998 Posts
Hi All - Brand new Subie owner here after having had 4 Hondas and 4 Toyotas over the years. Got a 2022 Outback Premium, Autumn Green Metallic with Package 13 on Wednesday and I'm psyched! Want to be able to sleep at Appalachian Trail parking areas and the like. Was hard (but not impossible) to do with my Civic LX. Here's my question. They did give me WeatherTech mats as well as carpeted floor mats but I noticed the carpeted floor mats are brown, not black, although my upholstery and car's overall carpeting is black (back seat photo attached) View attachment 517585 . The dealer says basically that "all the Outback floor mats are this brown color except for the Touring which is an even darker brown." Does this sound correct? It's not a big deal but if they substituted this brown set when they should have given me black, I want the correct set. Thanks for any input and advice.

That's a call only you can make. Do these look good to you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. Actually those pants wake my brain up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha. And what paint would coordinate!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm sure they didn't give them to me. I paid for them. They are definitely WeatherTech.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have WeatherTech badges on them and came in a WeatherTech box with a WeatherTech catalog inside. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,728 Posts
Well, that just tells me your dealer feels the same way about the Subaru mats that I do. I asked mine not to include the Subaru all-weather mats and bought my own Weathertech mats...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this has been resolved. I consulted Subaru of America advocacy department and they, in turn, got back to my dealer as well. This is indeed the only "black" carpeted floor mat set they make for my car. These mats actually look black if you just look at them alone by themselves. If you place them next to the dark black carpeting of the car, however, they appear beige-ish gray or grayish-beige. The dealer sales manager agreed with me and said that if Subaru gets enough feedback about it, they may change the carpeted floor mats to be more of a jet black like the car's carpeting and upholstery. This was not a huge deal in the scheme of things and I'm satisfied to know that I didnt get the wrong mats!

·
Registered
111 Posts
The carpeted mats with the embroidered Outback name I received in June with my 2021 Outback Premium with black carpeting were in fact black with a textured stripe pattern. The tags sewn into the carpet binding say Subaru. This could be a running change due to pandemic supply issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts