Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings-This is my first thread here.I've been a member of a Harley forum since April of 06 and usually browse more than I post.It's almost the same format.My question is your opinion if I should contact the management of a dealer who's service dept wanted to sell me work I didn't need?I brought it in(08 Outback) for a wheel bearing replacement(did a nice job replacing it I think),then gave me a list of other services needed.One was rear brakes with rotors.I didn't hear any grinding from the rear so I took it to Midas Muffler for a second opinion.Them not knowing about my original inspection(from the dealer)showed me the rear brakes(no grooves in rotor)and said I have about 35K left on them.My Question is 'do I call the dealer and tell them how disappointed I am in them(thought they were a first class business,or just stop going there and stop recommending them to other,which I have.Thanks in advance.-Spiker PS- I would bet members here are more civil than some on the Harley forum.Some cool guys there also.

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,698 Posts
The management at the dealership is who trained the mechanics/service reps to sell unnecessary services. Complaining to them is pointless. Outing them here is more useful. Also, complaining to SOA directly may have some effect, if enough customers do it.

Other that that, word of mouth reputation wrecking is by far the most effective revenge against bad businesses. Just be sure you practice it positively, as well as negatively. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
08 OB 3.0R Ltd
62 Posts
If you want a better service you must to call and mention your disappointment. Its the only way to fix things and put progress in forward... You can be surprise by the dealer response.

After that you have always the choice to change if your not satisfy.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I'd call the dealer and tell them. I'd also contact SOA just to put a bug in their ear. If you don't notify the dealership then there is no chance they can fix the issue. It could have been an inept employee or one that is doing things like he did an another shop. IMO, it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt.

If you truly think they were trying to scam you, contact the Better Business Bureau. That's what they are they for. They'll investigate and give the owner a chance to defend their actions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts