Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 limited Outback 2.5i, pzev, rear seat protectors, Venetian red pearl, all weather floor mats, rear cargo net, viper remote start, puddle lights, body side molding,
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just bought my (our) first Subaru (first brand new car, in fact) at Christmas.

It came loaded with a lot, but I want to add window, hood and moonroof deflectors (maybe a rear spoiler that will keep snow from caking onto the rear gate while you drive up here during the winter), also, the rear of seat and side cargo nets (we have the rear one that fists the pre-installed mounts). I'd like to add the "mood lighting" for the interior floor and maybe some kind of rack box and a hitch also, as well as the rear bumper cover(s) and corner bumper guard.

Of these, which is more important?

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
they just get clogged with a tons of mud. if you feel you need flaps get rally armor, if you actually take the car off the road, which im guessing you have to in alaska, ditch the plastic washers and get stainless steel ones. i ripped part of a flap at one of the holes, and ripped 2 of them off, found em luckily. with the steel washers, they are much more sturdy and shouldn't come off ever again. the rear bumper cover is nice, definitely a must have.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT touring
336 Posts
Just be careful when backing up over a curb with the rally armor. Skip the Oem splash guards, junk.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Definitely agree with Bradze - rear bumper cover is great protection. Rear seat covers are also an easy add-on if you throw a lot of stuff in the boot.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT touring
336 Posts
If the moonroof deflector is that big bulbous one from Subaru. Skip it. It scratches the crap out of the paint.

·
Registered
2013 limited Outback 2.5i, pzev, rear seat protectors, Venetian red pearl, all weather floor mats, rear cargo net, viper remote start, puddle lights, body side molding,
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, thanks folks!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
If the moonroof deflector is that big bulbous one from Subaru. Skip it. It scratches the crap out of the paint.
Are you talking about the bug deflector where the foam strip messes with the paint? The moonroof deflector sits in a really nice rubber trim that I've never heard anyone complain about any paint damage.

·
Registered
2013 outback 2.5 prem
135 Posts
I just installed the rally armor mud flaps. They will definetly give better protection than e oem mudflaps and i think they look better to.

·
Registered
13 Outback 2.5i Premium w/AWP 6MT
170 Posts
^ +1 to that. Rally Armors are awesome. Do their job, might cost a bit more, but well worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts