• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2001 H6 LL Beany in Burgandy
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think they're trying to pull a fast one. Low-ball price advertised then tack on bogus fees. I can't evaluate whether or not the car is worth it, but given the way they're behaving, I'd have a hard time trusting them. There are some people in this forum that work at dealerships selling new and used vehicles so maybe they have some more legitimate input than my layman's impression of the situation.
I hope so- I started to get the feeling of dread that we now have to add on an extra 2-3k for every dealer car we look at !! I'm scouring Craigslist.
Are people safely using Facebook market place instead these days? Seem less on Craigslist.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looking at the carfax, I see no documentation that the 60k service was done.
We asked about the:
"Vehicle serviced Engine checked
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked" but the guy didn't know anything and told us to call the other local dealer it was at in May. Guess we will- and we can ask about the 60k service too. But now we are wondering if we should just stretch to get a 5 gen instead. We have cash to buy, but these dealers would only give us the 1000$ off (to get it to the actual Autotrader advertised price of 12700!!!! otherwise the price they have on their website PRE-OWNED 2013 SUBARU OUTBACK 3.6R WITH NAVIGATION & AWD
is 13700,(only get 1k off if you do credit) so that is sneaky too. STILL with the surprise reconditioning fee added on etc etc etc when you arrive) Not happy with them!
Husband says we won't be back. lol

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
very disappointing indeed why they play those games.
they said they needed to recoup the money put in, for doing the brakes. pfft
off to try a couple of 2.5s today- see if I can be ok going down a couple of ponies. A 2017 and 18. A different dealer this time. oof

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,960 Posts
very disappointing indeed why they play those games.
they said they needed to recoup the money put in, for doing the brakes. pfft
off to try a couple of 2.5s today- see if I can be ok going down a couple of ponies. A 2017 and 18. A different dealer this time. oof
Yup. Walk away from that dealer and never come back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update of the day is that we went to Mastro Subaru dealer and test drove the 2.5 2017.
Both of us felt that the 2.5 was just fine to drive, and that we really won't miss the 6 cylinder engine.
Good to know, also good to see that we really do like this generation with its eyesight and stuff. So we are looking at a 17 or 18 now, but leaning towards an 2018 because of the reviews here on the console and a few other updates.
I'm excited to get a new car one day :) But every time I see my nice 2001 outside I feel a bit sad. I loved it.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i Limited
83 Posts
Here is the quote- so advertised at 12700 but actually out the door is more like 16k - is that normal?? We wont be back probably- shame we really loved the car View attachment 489471

That Buyer's Order is filled with Dealer's Fees under different names. I highly recommend you view ALL 3 of the videos listed below. Anything other than Taxes and Registration Fees are 100% dealer PROFIT!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you for the vids, will watch them tonight.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,974 Posts
I'm excited to get a new car one day :) But every time I see my nice 2001 outside I feel a bit sad. I loved it.
Simple solution: Buy the newer one and keep the old one as well. I'm sure that's how I would handle the dilemma. 😄

That way you would have transportation to drive while you learn how to replace a transmission yourself to fix the old one on the cheap.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,475 Posts
the old one can also have its head unit replaced with a modern unit complete with a screen and bluetooth - even fitted with a back-up camera.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
that would be fun- if I could or didn't have things I'd rather be doing. I live in a condo, with rules, not allowed to even wash our cars out front!
I'm starting to realize that the 2018 2.5s might be outside our price bracket. We really wanted out the door for 20k or under.
Maybe we should wait for more cars and inventory to come in- there is hardly anything in the dealers said- because of covid and the hold up at the factory. Wonder if that will affect when the 21 eventually comes in. I was trying to get a sense of the best time to buy a used car, but everything is a bit screwy this year. The 2018 will be one year older very soon.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Searching for a nice 2014 6 cyl now :) After much humming and hawing over what we need vs want. Wish us luck in our search. Actually think I found one... will update if it's a go!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,075 Posts
If it wasn't for time and travel restrictions I would offer to buy as is.
those don't apply to people going between WV + Florida. this is a emergency...have gun will travel. 🚑

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,960 Posts
those don't apply to people going between WV + Florida. this is a emergency...have gun will travel. 🚑
I'm slowly accomplishing my secret plan of bringing all Gen 2's to this area. Counting the VDC donor I'm up to 4 now.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,960 Posts
Searching for a nice 2014 6 cyl now :) After much humming and hawing over what we need vs want. Wish us luck in our search. Actually think I found one... will update if it's a go!
Some of those came with Eyesight. I would definitely recommend it if you can swing it in budget!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I kinda want this other car though- husband is saying go for it because it is a 2018 has the eyesight and all the stuff- but it is a 2.5 only. Private seller, and it is BLUE :love: low miles too- leather moonroof all the stuff, also been taken care of he says, probably get him to 24k.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,666 Posts
I'm slowly accomplishing my secret plan of bringing all Gen 2's to this area. Counting the VDC donor I'm up to 4 now.
That number is below average for West Virginia, isn't it? :)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts