• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2001 H6 LL Beany in Burgandy
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I LOVE my new perfect H6!!!!!!!!!! AND it had a surprise waiting for us- it even had Eyesight!!! We didn't know since the ad didnt mention it. This site is great for all the help-thank you, especially Duncan :)
Now to figure out how to get rid of the old one.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,075 Posts
But they're all running! I need to get a picture with them all together.

There is the blue bean, a white rust free limited, lil red, and a the VDC donor (now crushed but it's drive train and VDC system lives on in the Baja.
Ah, Little Red, Mr. @DavidPeab 's old possessed obsession. You need to post something on her epic WV thread to keep the Smithsonian people up to date on their future "piece de-resistance".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
lol- i think it just sold in 7 mins! Unless it is a prank- they are sending a cashiers check via mail- letting us get it cleared- then will bring his mover to pick it up. How can it be that easy!??

Actually it could be a prank boohoo- two of the craiglist rules flagged: #1 and 4
  1. Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person.
  2. Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
  3. Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
  4. Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
  5. Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
  6. Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
  7. Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing "deal" may not exist.
  8. Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
  9. "craigslist voicemails" - Any message asking you to access or check "craigslist voicemails" or "craigslist voice messages" is fraudulent - no such service exists.
edit: looks like they might be legit after all- they are now mailing a normal check- not the cashiers. Still a bit wary!

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,960 Posts
lol- i think it just sold in 7 mins! Unless it is a prank- they are sending a cashiers check via mail- letting us get it cleared- then will bring his mover to pick it up. How can it be that easy!??

Actually it could be a prank boohoo- two of the craiglist rules flagged: #1 and 4
  1. Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person.
  2. Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
  3. Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
  4. Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
  5. Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
  6. Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
  7. Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing "deal" may not exist.
  8. Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
  9. "craigslist voicemails" - Any message asking you to access or check "craigslist voicemails" or "craigslist voice messages" is fraudulent - no such service exists.
edit: looks like they might be legit after all- they are now mailing a normal check- not the cashiers. Still a bit wary!
Noooooooo.

That's a scam. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Let me guess.

They're out of town on business/leave and it's exactly the car they wanted?
They never said- just texted my husband. Do you think it is scam with a normal check?
They said their movers would pick it up... once the check cleared. Asked 3 times to take the ad down- but I just edited to say 'Sale Pending' We have had 3 more people call about it so far.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
arg now we don't know if we should wait for this guys check to come and then clear or let people come in person to see it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
ok yeah not getting a good feeling. Going to call the deal off - they were a bit too strong with us wanting to take the ad down. Which gave me a weird feeling straight off.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
ok Brucey!!! You nailed it. They didn't like us asking for cash only and now texted
" I told you I am out of town for a business trip..."

but he never!
We were getting certified check and cashiers check mixed up- dopes hahah

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,960 Posts
My brother! I am in greatest need for you to sale your automobile now to me. Kindly provide
your bank account # and I will begin transfer of $$$ most expediently!! GOD BLESS!!!
If you give me your busted hooptie I can drive out of Nigeria and with my 24 million dollars and I will happily give you 2.4 million for your toruble!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
:p:devilish::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,475 Posts
Dandys - have a quick convo with your bank about the best way to receive funds.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts