Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the rear cargo nets that go on the side but I was wondering if the right one blocks the speaker and affects the audio quality at all?

·
Registered
2015 OB Limited 2.5i PZEV MR, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start, Nav, Eyesight - Tungsten Metallic
1,313 Posts
That's the sub woofer - which is non directional anyway - I believe - so unless you're planning to carry a 50 lb bag of marshmallows in the right side net I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
1,011 Posts
This reminds me that the other day I had stashed one of those cheap plastic bags in the passenger-side rear net, containing a few small items from Home Depot.

I was hearing some weird buzzing/vibrating sounds, that were coming from the back of the vehicle, but the noise always went away when I turned down the audio to listen more carefully. Then it dawned on me that the subwoofer was vibrating the plastic bag.

I DO think that keeping something in that side net will impact the sound very slightly, but the empty/open net by itself will have zero effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts