Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have factory stripes along the side of there out back mine has them but I never see them on other outbacks?

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I get them every time we head to wine country. Narrow roads lots of traffic and bush hanging over the shoulders. Some wax and muscle seems to do a good job getting rid of em.

·
Registered
05 OUtback XT
40 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the pinstripes since its rare to see them but if I was buying back in 2001 ya I would say no way. Was it just a factory option that they put on ramdom models.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
That's called 'the dealership owner needs to charge an extra $200 so he can make his boat payment' striping. The detailing/prep guys can put them on in about 10-20 minutes. I peeled them off my old compact I had years ago.

·
Registered
03 Baja Yellow 5MT 235k miles & 09 Outback 2.5i Quartz Silver 5MT 105k miles
88 Posts
They're called pinstripes and they're never "factory". It would be a dealer add-on or aftermarket only.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
Mine has pinstripes. I'd think they were dealer installed. They're decent, I guess. I'm not in a hurry to take them off, since you'll likely see where they were from sun fade.

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya i know since the car is over ten years old so the pinstripes would really never go away since if you do have sun fade you would able to see were the were before.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts