Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know that when a new redesinged model comes out that there are more bugs in the car than usual. Thus, I think its a great idea to not only talk about it but also keep track and survey it. Here's a great site where you can let this organization and others such as yourselves know more about your new Outback or any other car they might be interested in

http://www.truedelta.com/

Great info about reliability and gas mileage.

*not a bad idea for a sticky topic

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
darrelld said:
Been a member since the beginning, added the Outback last week.
Great! Me also, some years now. Got my Mazda3's registered and update monthly. Also, got the Suzuki SX4 club involved. Great way to know things about your car!

One member there summerized it well:

"Note that, instead of vague colored dots, TrueDelta provides a hard number: Repair Trips per Year (per 100 vehicles). We can even see how many vehicles participated, along with average time of participation and average odometer readings of participating vehicles. Best of all, results are updated quarterly, based on quarterly feedback.

My bottom line: if you're not participating in this research, you ought to do so. TrueDelta especially needs more 2009 SX4 owners to participate.

*Note that the Consumer Reports annual survey asks participants to report "serious problems" that their vehicle had between 01 April 2008 and 31 March 2009. The results from this annual survey won't appear until November 2009 (compared with TrueDelta's currently-available update as of 31 March 2009), by which time TrueDelta will have released reliability
survey results for the quarters ending 30 June 2009 and 30 September 2009."

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for posting the thread, VegasDriver, and for stickying it, Myllari.

This has actually been one of our partner forums for a few years, following a discussion with the owner. Great guy.

If you look at our Subaru Outback pages, you'll see that they all link back to this forum.

I'd like to have a full result for the 2010 in February. To do this, we'll probably need 40 owners signed up by the end of November. 27 have signed up so far. It's not going to be easy, but definitely doable.

The page with details about the survey and links to the enrollment form is here:

Car reliability research

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just signed up on TrueDelta, never heard of that site before. Hope to get a lot of feedback as we are new to the Subaru family!

We're 1,000 miles in and avg 26.4 MPG after a holiday road trip with the car packed quite a bit. Not too shabby!

·
Registered
12 Posts
mkaresh said:
Thanks, guys. There are now 58 2010 Outback and Legacy owners signed up, so we should have a solid result in February, with a preview for participants in about a month. The more owners participate, the more precise these initial results will be.

Car reliability research
Mr. Karesh's Truedelta reliability research site is really a worthwhile effort to support. It will provide the kind of empirical backing for reliability that the industry is now sorely lacking, as long as he gets enough data from everyone. I'm no fanboy about anything, but I used to read Mr. Karesh's commentary on TTAC, which usually struck me as pretty fair and balanced, and I think he'll present the data as it is.......Just my observation.......

·
Registered
527 Posts
Signed up today! Some things on there I don't agree with (2010/11 Outback not having enough leg room for those of us above 6 feet tall?! I've got TONS of room and still gotten more compliments on space from passengers than anything!)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just signed up after reading a sticky in subaruoutback.org forum. This sounds interesting and will be glad to participate. Just completed first 1,000 miles on our 2012 OB with 4 cylinder CVT. Average MPG with mixed city/highway driving is 28.33 mpg

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
44 Participants
slayerfish
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing