Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I registered with TrueDelta about 2 weeks ago. I received an email back from Michael Karesh who asked me:

You recently reported an unusually high odometer reading for your 2010 Outback, with 209,000 miles.

Is the model year correct and the reading about right?
If not, what is the correct model year and/or approximate current reading, in miles?

Thanks,

Michael Karesh
TrueDelta

My reply to him:

It is correct in model year and mileage.

From just south of Gettysburg, PA to NSA at Ft. Meade, Maryland. 65 miles one way, sometimes 4 times a day, 5 days a week.
Mostly highway. 650- 1200 miles a week.

Went into service with 27 miles on November, 11, 2009

Aside from normal dealer servicing for scheduled maintenance and factory recall items, NO problems or failures of any nature.

Just replaced 4th set of tires, 3 sets of brake pads, and its 39th oil change.

Now that my wife has retired from the National Security Agency last month, the mileage will drop by 90%. Just in time

Thank you for asking

Nothing stops this Subaru.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
svxcess: Which engine and transmission in your '10? That is some impressive mileage -- any other maintenance besides the tires, brakes, and oil changes? No tune up's? No head gasket replacement? If yours has the CVT, has the fluid been changed? How about coolant flushes?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The 2010 Outback is the 2.5L 4 cylinder with the CVT. I has the major service done at 130,000. Plugs, tuneup, timing belt, water pump, coolant change, CVT fluid change, brake fluid change. Whatever was on the list.

As I said, no I scheduled repairs or failures of any kind, only recalls. My Subaru dealer says he has not seen a single HG failure on the new generation 2.5 Outbacks.

Only Mobil1 0W-30 synthetic oil and Lubegard Bio-Tech Engine Protectant exclusively. Had oil analysis done yearly by Blackstone Labs and followed personal recommendations by them and my friend who works for Mobil 1.

ATE Super Blue brake fluid and Akebono ProACT ceramic pads. Will do pads this summer. Subaru says my original rotors are fine and have never been turned. Whatever else you need, just ask.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't think we've had any head gasket replacements reported for a 2010 or newer Subaru. We've had a few for 2008s and I think even 2009s.

We do have many leaking valve cover gaskets reported for the 2011 Forester, which received an updated engine. Less serious than the HG. I don't think similar leaks have been reported for other Subarus, so 2011 Forester owners might have taken a bullet for everyone on this one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for joining.

I don't think we've had any CVT failures reported for the 2010+ Subarus with them. I'll keep an eye out for them, though, as most of these cars still have well under 100k on them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
2011 2.5 premium purchased in sept, 2010. Nothing at all malfunctioned. We did have a super alignment when we got the car and maintain it on a regular basis. But, it's been exactly what we wanted: a car that just does well, is comfortable, and requires zero babying. Now, we're turning it in for a 2015 limited. I hope that we have the same experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Been a while since I've been here, but I just found this thread and will be signing up. I'm loving my 2011 3.6R (purchased in July 2010), but have had a few things happening recently that are minor, but concerning. My backup camera has stopped working. That was preceeded by it working intermittently for a few weeks. It was also taking a few seconds to come on. I'd put it in reverse, then see nothing but blue screen for a moment before getting the video. Now, nothing. And the rear wiper has gotten very slow. I think the motor is on its way out. These are both minor issues, but annoyances nonetheless. Technically, you don't really need either of them, but I have to admit, I got used to having that camera pretty quick.

Otherwise, no issues. I've got 80k miles on it and still have the original tires (though I'm replacing them this week). Never had a set of tires go that long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got 80k miles on it and still have the original tires (though I'm replacing them this week). Never had a set of tires go that long.
I got similar mileage on my first set of Contipro Contacts as well. Liked the ride comfort and so replaced them with OEM two more times.

Then I discovered the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All-Season Plus. These tires are perfect for the 4th Generation Outback and nothing short of amazing in wet, dry and snow. With a 700AA UTQG rating, they are quiet, smooth and handle whatever I throw at them. Never going back.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=06HR6CP7ASP&GCID=C13674x012-tire&KEYWORD=tires.jsp_Pirelli_Cinturato_P7_All_Season_Plus_Tire&code=yes&src=17540115&ci_sku=06HR6CP7ASP&ci_sku=06HR6CP7ASP&ci_src=17588969&ef_id=Uv55JwAABEL6XRk3:20150629133813:s

Did a 1300 mile round trip to Bangor, Maine in February without any issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never plow my driveway anymore...

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got similar mileage on my first set of Contipro Contacts as well. Liked the ride comfort and so replaced them with OEM two more times.

Then I discovered the Pirelli P7 Cinturato All-Season Plus. These tires are perfect for the 4th Generation Outback and nothing short of amazing in wet, dry and snow. With a 700AA UTQG rating, they are quiet, smooth and handle whatever I throw at them. Never going back.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&partnum=06HR6CP7ASP&GCID=C13674x012-tire&KEYWORD=tires.jsp_Pirelli_Cinturato_P7_All_Season_Plus_Tire&code=yes&src=17540115&ci_sku=06HR6CP7ASP&ci_sku=06HR6CP7ASP&ci_src=17588969&ef_id=Uv55JwAABEL6XRk3:20150629133813:s

Did a 1300 mile round trip to Bangor, Maine in February without any issues.

(I'm off topic, I apologize)

Wow, the price on those tires at my local place is $260 each! Did you buy from tirerack.com? How did you install?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Off topic still, but I got the P7 Cinturato's a few weeks ago from tread depot and had them installed locally (for $70 total). Nice tires and very quiet. I'm enjoying the handling - we'll see how they do in the winter weather, but so far, I'm very pleased.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
44 Participants
slayerfish
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing