Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Amazing !
Post is for reliability and we're taking about tires and what we've paid for.
I'm French Canadian, and bilingual but I don't think that tires have anything to do with our OUTBACK's mecanical, construction, built etc.....

I will now give my feedback on my first ever Subaru with 82,000 miles in two years and it's RELIABILITY !

Flawless, solid, confortable and very GREAT on gas. CVT a bit "jerky" low rpm and slow speed like many but got use to it and don't bother me.
Love it

Luc
Montreal
Canada

·
Registered
798 Posts
Amazing !
Post is for reliability and we're taking about tires and what we've paid for.
I'm French Canadian, and bilingual but I don't think that tires have anything to do with our OUTBACK's mecanical, construction, built etc.....

I will now give my feedback on my first ever Subaru with 82,000 miles in two years and it's RELIABILITY !

Flawless, solid, confortable and very GREAT on gas. CVT a bit "jerky" low rpm and slow speed like many but got use to it and don't bother me.
Love it

Luc
Montreal
Canada
More pertinent data than that on the truedelta site.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
We purchased our 2013 3.6R Limited in early November 2015 at 25,500 miles. The vehicle is now pushing 28,000 miles with the three-year factory warranty expiring in mid-May.

One trip to the local dealer in late November 2015 for some warranty work to better attach the plastic cladding at the left rear door, and to address the persistent cabin rattle that sounded like it was coming from the roof rack. The dealer fixed the plastic cladding but did not fix the persistent cabin rattle. I later identified the rattle to be coming from the infamous roof-mounted rear seat belt assembly and fixed it myself with some foam packaging wrap and several thick rubber bands.

We've enjoyed this vehicle thus far. Great in the snow, sufficient power and handling for a mid-sized SUV, enough hauling capacity for what we need it to do, and reasonably comfortable on highway trips. Just wish I could get it to 36,000 miles at warranty expiration instead of the three-year time limit running out on me but we don't have valid reasons to drive it enough for that to happen.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Also had the roof mounted seat belt rattle, and fixed in by folding the metal tab back over the belt, then tucking that fatter end back into the plastic fitting -- no foam, bubble wrap, or anything else needed to quiet it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, guys. For those who haven't noticed, each quarter I post the latest reliability stats in a thread in the all-years forum. We've had great participation by Outback owners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK 2013 2.5i, 43K miles. Did the last 3 oil changes myself (Mobil1 0w-20, Fumoto valve, every 7,5K miles as advised by the manual). Filled 5.1x3=15.3 quarts total, got back only 10-11 quarts from 3 changes. So it eats about 1 quart every 5K miles or so. I don't blame the valve as I would see leaks on my garage floor.

In addition, the 12V outlet in the central tunnel is gone. No voltage but the fuse is fine. No idea what's wrong.

It is my wife's daily driver. We like the car in general, especially after I replaced the RSB with a 19mm bar - much better in cornering now. Extremely heavy steering and hesitant to engage forward gear from reverse (takes about 4 sec). No rear camera and I'm concerned about the oil use as well. However, it is quite roomy, versatile and fuel-efficient. Thinking about trading it in for a 2017 model - hope it has better steering and no oil issues.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sometimes overcharging a battery can do this, but Subaru aren't new in the business so this shouldn't consistently be a problem with them. Possibly just time for a new battery?

I would keep them clean, as the acid will corrode the battery terminals and cables.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a 2011 2.5 that has 151,000 miles. Other than regular maintenance items, changed the head gaskets at about 120,000.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our '12 2.5 has just had its 60K service. Brake jobs done at 45K. Everything else still perfect (incl. batteries, tires, etc). Lots of little light bulbs to replace, that's been the only annoyance. Otherwise stellar. And the 60K service, at the dealer, cost only $443 (incl. synthetic oil). So we're quite pleased.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
44 Participants
slayerfish
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing