Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT
33 Posts
Other than headlights going out multiple times before switching all bulbs to LEDs, the car has been rock solid.

Oil changed about every 5k with synthetic oil and Subaru filters. Has not used any oil between oil changes.

Had to replace the AC condenser due to a bird strike...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Subaru 2.5 outbook 2011. Currently at around 75K. The car have had several bulb changes, regular oil change, filter, 1 set of spark plug change, 1 brake pad replacement, and 1 serpentine belt replacement. Recently, they had to replace the control arm bushing because it was worn which was an unpleasant surprise.

Paul

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited/nav
19 Posts
'12 2.5 Limited has 71K miles and we bought it new. Burned many bulbs during first year, none since we replaced stock bulbs. We're on the 2nd set of tires and have had new brakes front and rear. Nothing wrong with the car, still gets 25 mpg. Stock service (e.g., spark plugs at 60K). We change oil at 7.5K miles with synthetic only. It's a keeper.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited/nav
19 Posts
Bought ours new in January 2012. 80K miles now. Apart from headlights going out (we've replaced ours with LED's) and one or two tail lights needing replacement every 7.5K service, the only repair we have needed was the replacement of both rear wheel bearings this week. The car is a keeper and is my wife's daily driver. Frequent trips to WI and DC. We had purchased the 70K 6 yr extended warranty from our dealer in 2012, and never made any claim.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,498 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
2011 Outback Limited 2.5 hit 120k miles with a ton of very costly issues.

-Head Gaskets
-Oil Pan Gaskets
-Torque Converter
-Electronic Brake

Other parts replaced:

-Front and back brake rotors
-Timing belt
-wheel bearings

Current issues:
-Have cracked catalytic converter: cost to repair = $1500
-Sunroof stopped working/opening

This is the 2nd Outback we have owned. Thought the first one was just a lemon. This 2011 had the same high repair cost issues + a few more. Needless to say, it will be our last Subaru we ever purchase. Subarus reliability has decreased while the quality issues/recalls has significantly increased over the last decade.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will be looking at a complete exhaust replacement in the next 2 years, front pipe with converter is about 650.00 Cd$ Muffler 130.00 intermediate pipe 175.00 and then it's a DYI. I think Subarus are like the old Harleys or British Motorcycles, they are fine if you can work on them yourself.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,498 Posts
Gee...I’m not the only person that has had to replace the manifold...did it for under $1000.00. Sounds like the OB replacement parts list is quite common. I expect things like the brakes...pads and rotors, timing belt if you go over 160,000km.

Hmmm...big difference from our ‘04 TDI wagon that we had 12 years and put 300,000km on it. Was the most reliable car we’d owned.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts