Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2000 Outback a couple weeks ago, and the stereo doesn't really work (it will play a CD, but none of the buttons respond). I found a replacement stereo, and I can't figure out how to go about replacing it. Where do I start? How do I get at the old one to remove it?

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
thanks zumdish- I was too lazy too look up a specific thread.

A magnetic tipped screwdriver will be your best friend during a stero install.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hvlwnc said:
A magnetic tipped screwdriver will be your best friend during a stero install.
lol - In this case a stubby magnetic screwdriver would've been my best friend, but I didn't have one of those. The 'tape on the screw' trick wasn't working, it was cold, my one-car garage was occupied by a vehicle in winter storage, my lower back was acting up, I was tired, the cat gave me a nasty scratch on my wrist that morning while brushing her and it was throbbing and did I mention it was cold?

It was one of those projects.

rob

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
I think every project turns into one of those projects after a bit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
speaking of the ashtray

thanks for the thread... now speaking of how the ashtray is a pill to get back in... I guess I won't have a problem with that, because my Outback came with no ashtray!! So that leads me to... any idea where (other than the dealership) I can get a replacement ashtray? Not that I smoke... but it would be nice to have a completed panel...

thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
zumdish
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing