Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2006 OBW 5MT 2.5i, Satin White Pearl
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Looks good. My shop quoted $245 for the whole thing (Magnaflow though) including muffler and tip from the shop.

Glad to see this idea start to come to life!

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5i-4EAT
45 Posts
Looks good. My shop quoted $245 for the whole thing (Magnaflow though) including muffler and tip from the shop.

Glad to see this idea start to come to life!
I bought my parts before I went to the shop so my total was:
Borla muffler - $75 on ebay
Gibson tip - $30 on ebay
Labor - $110

Total - $215

Not too shabby, IMO.

·
Registered
2006 Outback XT
96 Posts
Definitely going to go this route! thanks for the heads up. I just need to find a decent shop in Indianapolis. I am waiting for the one who worked on my last car, but they have gotten bigger and so have their pricing.

·
Registered
2011 SUBARU OUTBACK 2.5i LIMITED
36 Posts
Borla Cat back Exhaust Gen 4

Hi Folks,

This looks like the appropriate thread to chime in on. Any word on a Cat Back Borla Exhaust that will fit Gen 4 OBs? I have a 2011 2.5I limited and I really like the Borla sound. There's a nice sound byte on youtube of an 09 OB with this done (
).

According to the website below it says it will fit my OB, but the link is for a 2010/2011 Legacy so I am a bit skeptical. Is it long enough? Is there anyone who could verify it would fit? If so, fairly certain I'll pull the trigger on this. It goes to a dual exhaust, but I think I would aim for keeping it single as well. Thoughts/tips appreciated!

2010, 2011 Subaru Legacy Performance Exhaust Systems - Borla Performance Industries 140409 - Borla Exhaust Systems

·
Registered
'05 Subaru Legacy GT, '17 Legacy 3.6R
176 Posts
I know this thread is as old as the hills, but it comes up as one of the first Google searches for ProXS, so I thought I would post mine in case someone comes here searching.

This is an '05 LGT with dual Borla ProXS mufflers, EL headers, i got rid of the "Subaru gurgle".

Here's the car driving down the road and some WOT.

Here's the car revving at a stop.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts