Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if my 97 outback came with a skid plate as an option from the dealership? This would give me an idea if I may be able to find one on a vehicle at a junkyard. Thanks for any help on this. I drive offroad to get to my hunting land so I really think I will need one.

·
Banned
2007 Outback XT Ltd
847 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there were never any factory skid plates in this country. You will need to fabricate your own or buy aftermarket alloy plates. Be sure to protect the tranny and rear diff!

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
i have one off of a 98, the front. there is also a rear for the diff. i'm pretty sure it was an option in 98. but i'm not 100%. but they are available.

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
920 Posts
To the best of my knowledge there were never any factory skid plates in this country. You will need to fabricate your own or buy aftermarket alloy plates. Be sure to protect the tranny and rear diff!

John Davies
Spokane WA USA
The rockey mountain and a front plate and rear diff cover, search a junk yard for cheap plates.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts