Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
'11 OB 2.5i premium CVT, package 6, Weathertech, Primitive Racing Ultra Armor kit.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered the ultra armor kit from PRIMITIVE RACING.
Should be here next week. I'll take pictures and post them up.

Stoked!:D

Here is the link if interested:
LEGACY

·
Registered
2013 OB Limited 2.5 CVT
53 Posts
Looking forward to another review of them . They are on my "to order" list before summer comes around.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
You're making me want to order them for my '08 even sooner! Paul makes great stuff. I think my old rear diff. plate will transfer over, but I need to get a new front one and maybe one for the tranny.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
I did mine as soon as they became available in 2011 and I am comfortable that my OB is well protected. These are a great investment for your Subaru!

·
Registered
'11 OB 2.5i premium CVT, package 6, Weathertech, Primitive Racing Ultra Armor kit.
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FED EX arrived

Happy, happy, happy...
First impression is QUALITY.

I will be installing these tomorrow on the lift. I will do my best to take step by step photos and answer any questions.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Limited Outback
18 Posts
Happy, happy, happy...
First impression is QUALITY.

I will be installing these tomorrow on the lift. I will do my best to take step by step photos and answer any questions.
nice!

What is the total weight? Total cost with shipping?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cvt

Here are the pictures from the CVT install. Very simple and no issues with the install.

Questions? let me know, glad to help.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rear diff

here are the pictures from the diff plate.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,537 Posts
Will you have to pull the plate from the engine, to change oil and filter? I cannot tell for sure, from the pics, but it appears that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it is very simple to do. three 13mm bolts.
Will you have to pull the plate from the engine, to change oil and filter? I cannot tell for sure, from the pics, but it appears that way.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5
174 Posts
I have ordered mine with Oil filter access hole.
Just got the Triple Armor Monday. Planning on install this weekend, just need to do the rustproofing first.

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,537 Posts
I have ordered mine with Oil filter access hole.
Just got the Triple Armor Monday. Planning on install this weekend, just need to do the rustproofing first.
That's good to know. That is how I will need to order mine, when I do. It makes no sense for me to have put on a Fumoto oil valve, and then have to remove three bolts from the skid plate, for oil changes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts