Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 outback MT
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my 2k OBW my gearbox feels extremely loose. In any gear i can, with a very light touch, move the shifter knob about 1-2 inches right an left. It is practiaclly floating. Is this normal for all you MT OB owners?? Or am i missing a bushing or something??

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
I got my OBS after driving a honda for years- Subaru makes one of the sloppyiest (sp?) shifters available. get yourself a Kartboy shifter and a set of heavier urethane (found on eBay for cheap!) bushings, and that will take a good amount of the slop out.

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
dead right on the chronic shifter slop, it's in league of Porsche 911 or my VW bus w/ 10 ft of linkage. Cobb Tuning also makes shifter, no exp with it tho.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
No need for a short shifter, just the hardened poly bushings that the stock shifter slides right into. For around $40 I guess it really helps out with shifter feel. There are many makes of these bushings now, so buyer beware (E-Bay!) Brian

·
Registered
2007 outback MT
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I emailed the guy at cobb tuning to see if those bushings would help the left to right movement and he said that they wouldnt. I guess those bushings are only for the absolute limits of the linkage. He said that the sloppiness comes from the internals of the tranny.:(

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Really, than I guess I will never buy a set of bushings for the **** of it. It was my understanding that it would clean up that sloppyness. Thanks for looking into that. Brian

·
Registered
2007 outback MT
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The name is luke;) And i meant to say kartboy not cobb tuning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts