Subaru Outback Forums banner

341 - 360 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
720 Posts
So far, Amazon says these lights don't fit that my oil filter doesn't fit and the seat gap filler doesn't fit. But, they all fit lol
You can add the Fuse box coin holder to that list. That's the joy of buying a first year production car. It takes a while for the market to catch up. Meanwhile, we all get to be trailblazers!

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT
87 Posts
I was curious about the dome light sizing on the 2020 which I believe is 29mm out of the factory. There have been a lot of questions on the thread about this so I got another set this weekend, just for fun, since it gave me a shot at getting out in the Atlanta snowstorm. The answer is both the 28mm and the 31mm fit just fine. The festoon light fits into a spring metal mount which does bend out a bit on the 31 mm; the 28 mm is a little cleaner fit. The 31mm I purchased does not specify lumens, while the 29mm does claim 500 lumens. Honestly I can't see any difference in the brightness or the color which one of the makers claims is 6000K, and again they appear identical. Both completely bathed the interior with very bright light that is many times better than the OEM light or even the OEM LED "upgrade" (which is quite dim by comparison).
  1. 31mm Dome https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XMP1421/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  2. 28mm Dome https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lighting-DE3175-Festoon-Interior/dp/B07XFGWF7V
Thumbnails:

31mm
31mm.jpg
28mm
28mm.jpg
✴ Boom ✴
LED Domes.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT
87 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can add the Fuse box coin holder to that list. That's the joy of buying a first year production car. It takes a while for the market to catch up. Meanwhile, we all get to be trailblazers!
Can someone post a link to a fuse box coin holder that fits? I'm assuming it's been posted in this thread somewhere but now that we're up to 18 pages, I'd appreciate it if someone could post it again.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Can someone post a link to a fuse box coin holder that fits? I'm assuming it's been posted in this thread somewhere but now that we're up to 18 pages, I'd appreciate it if someone could post it again.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks, SilverOnyx!

Now that I've been poking around on Amazon, I'm thinking of getting this little product. For state park passes, they give you giant stickers to put in the lower passenger side of the window. But I plan to keep this car for years and years, and also plan to get annual passes in two different states. So rather than have a bunch of stickers cluttering up the windshield, and rather than putting a ton of effort into scraping residue every year...

Ta Da!

https://www.amazon.com/STICKER-SHIELD-Windshield-Application-Re-application/dp/B01466E0GS?th=1

·
Registered
403 Posts
Humm, says explicitly not for Outbacks after 2015.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yep, and they are wrong/outdated. ( They were likely right for 2016-2019 but not for the 20') Both the JK and the Jessicaalba brand are confirmed to fit by folks over on FB. I installed the JK Cover in my 2020 Xt . It fits great! The only thing to note is that the fuse map for the 2020 is not included so you might need to scavange your old one. The peopel over at JK did promise to make me one this month but I have not seen it yet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks, SilverOnyx!

Now that I've been poking around on Amazon, I'm thinking of getting this little product. For state park passes, they give you giant stickers to put in the lower passenger side of the window. But I plan to keep this car for years and years, and also plan to get annual passes in two different states. So rather than have a bunch of stickers cluttering up the windshield, and rather than putting a ton of effort into scraping residue every year...

Ta Da!

https://www.amazon.com/STICKER-SHIELD-Windshield-Application-Re-application/dp/B01466E0GS?th=1
Why haven't I heard of this until now? 😲 All those years where I had to waste so much time using goo gone(can't even scrape because they make you put it on the rear windshield with defroster lines) to remove my Boston resident parking permit sticker. Thanks for the find!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yep, and they are wrong/outdated. ( They were likely right for 2016-2019 but not for the 20') Both the JK and the Jessicaalba brand are confirmed to fit by folks over on FB. I installed the JK Cover in my 2020 Xt . It fits great! The only thing to note is that the fuse map for the 2020 is not included so you might need to scavange your old one. The peopel over at JK did promise to make me one this month but I have not seen it yet.
Thanks. I just ordered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got one, installed it. Works great. Not a perfect color match, but it really isn't noticeable unless you are nose down to ankle level by the driver seat. One catch... The fuse diagram for my '20 Onyx is not included. Have exchanged email with the vendor who promises to send the sticker shortly. In the mean time I have several pictures of the diagram on my phone if needed.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Just updated my "getting unstuck kit" with a better tow strap and new shovel. ( My old stuff was marginal and/or old.) The 3" strap and shackle package fits fine on top of my donut spare and still allow me to fully close the foam divider. The folded shovel Just fits on top of the foam divider (without the cargo cover stowed). Hopefully I will never need this stuff but it will be cheap piece of mind for those times I launch my boat off the beach.

341 - 360 of 431 Posts