Subaru Outback Forums banner

381 - 400 of 431 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
1,864 Posts
This is nice crafty work. I can’t bring myself to mount a phone in the interior, though, because it aesthetically looks bad to me and I like the interior of the OB. The industrial look of your solution would bug the aesthetic part of my brain too much :D
mine is pretty out of the way, sitting right on the upper third of the left vent, and I can even position it right at the top of the vent if I want. right in easy arms reach, looking forward still towards the road ahead.
But then I am a bit more utilitarian.
Time will tell though if the sticking will hold. The warmer it gets in my car with all the warm sun weve been getting the more I see it as a potential failure come may and june when things really heat up. I have a potential solution but I will wait till I get to that point. For me, with a music library of 21K songs on my phone (would fit triple that if I could), and the stupid lack of function of the iphone app in car play while driving (RECENT albums/songs/artists are all that are accessible without siri), having the phone in hands reach is a must.
And Im one of those people that will pick a song even if Im going only a few blocks away to the market.
(Ive heard we are a "type" - lol)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
393 Posts

Just got the Frontpet backseat pet bridge delivered today. Seems sturdy and built well. Great solution for car camping and gives me the flexibility to still put whatever shape or delicate items in the foot well underneath it. Reviews of others revealed they were built of...get this...cardboard. This one is padded plywood! I'm not using it for pets, but if you were this does not cover the back of the back seats if leaving in upright position.

Link to product on Amazon

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT Autumn Green
257 Posts
@aspexin19 you can move the proclip up closer to the dash from where it is right now. one thing i noticed is that the angle of the mount, even with the tilt base, doesn't quite point far enough to look directly at me. so for face ID i need to move my head a bit. not a dealbreaker though, and I'm glad to have my phone in a conspicuous place so i stop forgetting to grab it when i leave the car
I had it up closer to the dash and my wife voiced her displeasure at it blocking her access to the seat/climate controls. So when the boss speaks I listen. At least now she can reach the controls.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT Autumn Green
257 Posts
This is nice crafty work. I can’t bring myself to mount a phone in the interior, though, because it aesthetically looks bad to me and I like the interior of the OB. The industrial look of your solution would bug the aesthetic part of my brain too much :D
The only reason for mounting the phone in the car is the one app I need, our home security app to arm and disarm the alarm, is not Android Auto compatible. There is absolutely zero other reasons to mount it and if I didn't need the app I most certainly would not be going through all this trouble to mount the phone. In fact, if they ever do release an AA compatible app all this stuff is going into the Goodwill box.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thank you @Squirrel! for your post that got me started on a TuxMat upgrade!

I got my shipment today and did the install, which was incredibly easy, owing to the fact that these are laser-precise fitting mats. They have just the right amount of flexibility for the easy install, and rigidity to hug corners and vertical surfaces. The materials and construction are higher quality than anything I've ever seen in interior mats. The outer layer is a PVC to give the mats their waterproof characteristic, then a middle layer of EVA, with the same cushioning feel of EVA midsoles in running shoes. The underside of the mats are a nice quality fabric which effectively "grabs" the Outback's flooring.

Even though TuxMat provides retention clips and Velcro-backed tabs, I only used two of the clips for the tunnel sidewall on the driver side and I used their floor anchor system on the driver side too. When I saw the abundance of clips included with the packaging I was concerned that my car wash facility wouldn't be able to get them out or that I would have to restrict them from pulling them. But, the TuxMats nestle in and anchor themselves so well on their own that I don't have that concern now.

The fit is remarkable and the quality is outstanding. Initially I didn't think I would want a TuxMat for the cargo area but after seeing the build quality I went ahead and ordered that today as well.

Click thumbnails for ridic-huge full-size pics....... ⬇ ⬇ ⬇

View attachment 478887 View attachment 478888 View attachment 478889 View attachment 478897 View attachment 478891 View attachment 478892 View attachment 478893
Awesome! You're making me rethink only having purchased the 2nd row mat now that I see your picture of the OEM one vs the tux mat.

So the driver side mat is well clear of the accelerator? That would be my big concern with getting something different.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT
87 Posts
So the driver side mat is well clear of the accelerator? That would be my big concern with getting something different.
They do a very nice job of steering clear of the accelerator. Here are a couple shots of the area.

The TuxMat anchor keeps the driver side mat in place. Very simple install and it is not going anywhere once you secure it with their anchor.

Thumbnails:

TuxMat Gas.jpg

TuxMat Lock.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered this bad boy (tube and winch cover/ bad ass bumper guard) but its going to be about month before I can share pics with my already self installed class 2 hitch from curt and the mega roof basket sitting in my room. I didnt get the winch but a kick ass 20" light bar. Cant wait to share pictures of Brutus when complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT Autumn Green Metallic/Warm Ivory (ON ORDER), Skid Plates etc
197 Posts
For those thinking about Lamin-X for their fogs or other parts of their OB's - this weekend they have a sale going and this is from an email I got today. (i have zero to do with them, just passing along)

Happy Valentine's Day! Starting today you can save 25% at lamin-x.com.
  • * Save 25% with coupon code: CUPID *
  • Before the weekend is over, make sure you show your car some love.
  • Note: This code is not applicable towards bulk film roll purchases

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just received some bad news from TuxMats ...

Thank you for your recent TuxMat purchase.

Regrettably, due to inventory, we will not be able to ship your order.
The set of mats for the 2020 Subaru Outback is currently out of stock.

Sadly, we do not have an estimated date when our new inventory will be received as our manufacturing company in Bejing is still shut down.

I will be processing your full refund. You will receive separate email notification of your refund.

We will keep your email information on file and will notify you when the item is back in stock.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just received some bad news from TuxMats ...

Thank you for your recent TuxMat purchase.

Regrettably, due to inventory, we will not be able to ship your order.
The set of mats for the 2020 Subaru Outback is currently out of stock.

Sadly, we do not have an estimated date when our new inventory will be received as our manufacturing company in Bejing is still shut down.

I will be processing your full refund. You will receive separate email notification of your refund.

We will keep your email information on file and will notify you when the item is back in stock.

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding.
I got mine a week ago....sorry. ;)
Anyway, you won’t be sorry when you get them. I always had weather tech, never again. These floor mats are amazing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So wow - there is SO much less hidden storage space in this car from my 2013. All the little cubbies and under the floor space and front spaces - all much smaller. I kept lots of things all over hidden in my 2013.

Wanted to show pics of the rear organizer I got to make up for some of the lost space - so people can see it in the car. Someone here linked to the amazon page for the smaller version (same link shows different ones) - I got the larger size one on the page and am showing it in a couple different size configurations you can adjust it into and has adjustable dividers. Its very sturdy (impressed with how much) and has some weight to it, and folds up to even smaller than the smallest you see here if you were just storing it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZMDFFW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 474227 View attachment 474228 View attachment 474229
View attachment 474230
Nice, I'm looking at this organizer. How have liked it? Is there a place to secure it to the anchors in the cargo area?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got mine a week ago....sorry. ;)
Anyway, you won’t be sorry when you get them. I always had weather tech, never again. These floor mats are amazing!
Judging by posts here and on the Outback 2020+ group on Facebook, I think I might have been a day off getting my order fulfilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

381 - 400 of 431 Posts