·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,240 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
117 Posts
How is everyone mounting their rear license plates? I'm driving myself crazy deciding how I want to do it and not risking scratching the hatch.
To go along with what @chvvkumar suggested, there are colored options as well. The Rightcar brand on Amazon or the Rightcar website has colored options. They're more expensive than the ones linked however.

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT White Beige Interior, 2016 Crosstrek Limited
29 Posts
Thanks to link back on page one for the led cargo lamp. I received mine yesterday from Amazon seller. It is a slightly longer bulb but fits the enclosure fine. I left the hatch open quite awhile and the bulb was warm but not hot. I am very pleased. Now with the led upgrade option ordered with my car all the lights match.

·
Registered
2020 Titanium Outback Premium
30 Posts
This thread is informative and enjoyable. So far I have bought Husky floor liners, door handle well protectors, seat gap storage pockets and the puddle lights.

The mats fit great and cover much better than the Subaru all weather mats. The door handle well protectors are the magnetic type and install in a few minutes. The seat gap storage pockets are ok but a little tight for most items. I haven't installed the puddle lights yet.

I went to the Pro clips website one time and looked at the phone mount and decided it was not for me however I have never received as much targeted advertizing from a company before. It seems every web page I go to gets a pop-up (usually more than one) from Pro clips showing a pic of the phone mount for a 2020 OB.

Many other upgrades on this thread sound good but are not good for the budget.

Keep the ideas coming..... Great thread!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally got all of my stuff in. The wife and I decided to take the car out for a long drive just as the San Gabriel Mountains in SoCal got a nice dusting of snow. I was extremely impressed with how the OB handled the weather! Then next day it was sunny and warm Spent all day with a full detail and installing some of my new goodies. Installed the Yakima Load warrior, emblem overlays, smoked side marker and yellow fog light vinyl overlays. Loving it so far!
View attachment 482282 View attachment 482283 View attachment 482284 View attachment 482285 View attachment 482286
Say.....How did you black out the chrome trim around the grill? I'd like to do that and the trim around the side windows.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Autumn Green
79 Posts
The Onyx comes with the blacked out grille. As far as the windows are concerned, you can order a kit from Crux Motorsports to black out the chrome on the side windows.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT Autumn Green
60 Posts
Say.....How did you black out the chrome trim around the grill? I'd like to do that and the trim around the side windows.
Like posted before, the Onyx Edition comes with the black grille. I ordered the front and rear black out vinyl from Crux Motorsports on Etsy for the headlights and tails. I plan on doing the window trim, as well as the chrome on the front and rear badges as well. However, I don't have the patience to install the window trim from Crux so I am going to pay a local wrap shop to do both. No more chrome on the car hopefully very soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Our outback limited has a sunglasses storage container in the overhead console that lacks 'padding'.... I was concerned my glasses would rattle and even get scratched. So, I had a piece 3 mm thick high density foam with an adhesive backing, just cut a rectangle piece and placed in there to cushion the storage. Works great!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,334 Posts
Our outback limited has a sunglasses storage container in the overhead console that lacks 'padding'.... I was concerned my glasses would rattle and even get scratched. So, I had a piece 3 mm thick high density foam with an adhesive backing, just cut a rectangle piece and placed in there to cushion the storage. Works great!
I wondered the same but to be honest, I'm somewhat impressed with that compartment. It holds both a pair of readers and a pair of sunglasses togeather with no rattle what so ever. Wish they had given that much thought to the rest of the compartments in the car ..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know of a hard key fob case? I would like something that will keep the buttons from being accidentally pressed while in my pocket. Ideally, the fob would be completely covered but be able to extend out for use. Sort of like the blade of a knife. I had a cover for my Legacy fob but it really wasn't rigid enough. Obviously, it would still have to be small enough to carry in my pocket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like posted before, the Onyx Edition comes with the black grille. I ordered the front and rear black out vinyl from Crux Motorsports on Etsy for the headlights and tails. I plan on doing the window trim, as well as the chrome on the front and rear badges as well. However, I don't have the patience to install the window trim from Crux so I am going to pay a local wrap shop to do both. No more chrome on the car hopefully very soon.
Got it. Thanks. I just purchased an Onyx with the Sport Grill. I overlooked the fact that the sports grill has chrome trim. Love the grill but would like it better without the chrome.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Does anyone know of a hard key fob case? I would like something that will keep the buttons from being accidentally pressed while in my pocket. Ideally, the fob would be completely covered but be able to extend out for use. Sort of like the blade of a knife. I had a cover for my Legacy fob but it really wasn't rigid enough. Obviously, it would still have to be small enough to carry in my pocket.
Not hard case, but to prevent accidental button presses the best solution seems to be these:

It slightly recesses the buttons, but the buttons are easy to press. Others have used this to prevent accidental activation of tailgate etc and it seems to work. You could try these while continuing to search for a hard case like you're describing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not hard case, but to prevent accidental button presses the best solution seems to be these:

It slightly recesses the buttons, but the buttons are easy to press. Others have used this to prevent accidental activation of tailgate etc and it seems to work. You could try these while continuing to search for a hard case like you're describing.
Thanks...I might try that. As long as the buttons are recessed far enough it should help. I'm definitely interested in keeping the tailgate from going up accidentally. I often found the Legacy's trunk lid unlocked but it doesn't raise so it wasn't so noticable. I even thought of making one out of wood.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,334 Posts

I bought this same one but havn't gotten around to installing it. Surprisingly, in 6 mos of carring the keys around in my pockets ( pants or jacket), I still havn't accidently acctivated a button. I think the fob is pretty well designed with the flush button design.

541 - 560 of 597 Posts