Subaru Outback Forums banner

581 - 597 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,334 Posts
On my Infiniti there were rain drains installed around the moonroof, and after installing the moonroof deflector they would get clogged with gunk. The genius who designed them decided that when the drains get clogged they would overflow into the passenger area. Yes, really.

i hope such manufacturing idiocy isn't evident in other vehicles, but it may be worth checking.
Thanks, I will keep an eye on it. I know these things can collect allot of junk. (Which is a main reason why I installed it so it can be taken off for occasional cleaning.) That said, the car is garaged and pampered so I hope it doesn't gunk up too quickly.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
24 Posts
Question for anyone who has the ProClip console mount.
Can you tell if it is possible to mount it on the driver's side of the console instead of the passenger side?
I know that ProClip offers a vent mounted holder, but I really don't want to block the already tiny vent any further.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT Autumn Metallic Green 3/13/20
25 Posts
Question for anyone who has the ProClip console mount.
Can you tell if it is possible to mount it on the driver's side of the console instead of the passenger side?
I know that ProClip offers a vent mounted holder, but I really don't want to block the already tiny vent any further.
Thanks!
No. The part that physically clips on to the console and the angled piece the device holder mounts to are fused together and not adjustable or reversible. Also, if it mounted on the driver's side, it would block the parking brake control.
That being said, I am very pleased with the mount.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
24 Posts
No. The part that physically clips on to the console and the angled piece the device holder mounts to are fused together and not adjustable or reversible. Also, if it mounted on the driver's side, it would block the parking brake control.
That being said, I am very pleased with the mount.
Thanks for the input as I was not completely sure how it was made.
I guess I'll just keep looking, as would really like to have it mounted so the phone is to the left of the console.
I contacted ProClip as well since I have heard such good things about them, but they stated that they have no plans on making one for the driver's side.

·
Premium Member
2020 Limited XT Autumn Green Metallic/Warm Ivory, Falken WIldpeak A/T Trail, OEM Skid Plates etc
278 Posts
Small update :)
20200531_093236.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Touring (Canadian Model) with Eyesight
484 Posts
The mount I have will fit your case guaranteed. It's not as clean as the proclip, but if you install it with care and attention, it will position the phone in the same place that the proclip will, and it's a bargain.

View attachment 477147

View attachment 477148

In normal use, the passenger will not make contact with the support rod, nor will it be noticed - I pushed the seat far back to show the mount, but it's normally forward of this position and the mounting bolt is not showing.

I've been thinking about whether it would be possible to use the ProClip in conjunction with my current phone holder, or another "squeeze to fit" type holder, but not pulling the trigger on the ProClip until I figure that out.
Just saw this post while searching for something else, but I made something like this mount from scratch. I used a gooseneck lamp and a piece of metal to mount to the bolt of the passenger seat. Although I did this on a matrix, it should be doable on the Outback

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, Abyss Blue Pearl
136 Posts
I always liked these, and had a different mount from this company on the seatback of our '14 OB so that our daughter could mount her iPad mini. The issue I have with these gooseneck mounts is that they are too low - force your eyes DOWN off the road if using for navigation. I want something to replicate a HUD at eye level, which is why I usually go with magnetic mounts more or less at eye level. Even the CarPlay integration in our 11" screen is too low for my liking, but I'll get used to it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I recently (last week) got a limited XT. Compared to my last couple of vehicles, I was not very happy with the sound quality of the stereo system.

I read in another area of the site about putting something over the center speaker in the dashboard to improve the sound.

Today, I put one of those thin, sticky gel pads, made for holding a phone or glasses in place, over the speaker. It made a noticeable improvement.

I think I paid all of $3 for it at a store a couple of years ago, but they are still fairly cheap on Amazon or at a dollar store.

I think it is well with trying. The sound is filter and the separation is improved.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,334 Posts
I recently (last week) got a limited XT. Compared to my last couple of vehicles, I was not very happy with the sound quality of the stereo system.

I read in another area of the site about putting something over the center speaker in the dashboard to improve the sound.

Today, I put one of those thin, sticky gel pads, made for holding a phone or glasses in place, over the speaker. It made a noticeable improvement.

I think I paid all of $3 for it at a store a couple of years ago, but they are still fairly cheap on Amazon or at a dollar store.

I think it is well with trying. The sound is filter and the separation is improved.
Yes, I found a marked improvement myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know of a hard key fob case? I would like something that will keep the buttons from being accidentally pressed while in my pocket. Ideally, the fob would be completely covered but be able to extend out for use. Sort of like the blade of a knife. I had a cover for my Legacy fob but it really wasn't rigid enough. Obviously, it would still have to be small enough to carry in my pocket.
So I tried the soft cases sugessted but The keyfoc button woul dstill depress when in my pocket. I finally found a small pill case on Amazon that fit the keyfob perfectly. I'm not 100% satisfied because the hinges and latch are a little large but the entire thing fits in my pocket. I was looking for a mint tin like Altoidsthat would work but the regular size was too big and the small size too small. As it turns out the small size fit my garage door opener fob perfectly.

Now the buttons of both fobs don't get accidentally depressed.

The case I got was https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078MVX8G7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I cut out the small pill divider slots and cut a small slit for the keyring to go through. I still fits in my pocket pretty well.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have this to put over my seat when I get done either running or cycling.

I just ordered the neoprene console cover. I'm waiting on it to come in and then I can take some pictures.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,099 Posts
Thanks for the input as I was not completely sure how it was made.
I guess I'll just keep looking, as would really like to have it mounted so the phone is to the left of the console.
I contacted ProClip as well since I have heard such good things about them, but they stated that they have no plans on making one for the driver's side.
I used to have pro clip but in this car I didnt like how it would work, so I went with another option that I am very happy with.
Involves the magnet on the back of the phone but... it sits right where I want it - which is sort of what you mean. It sits just on the upper part of the vent - not really blocking it at all, if you put the magnet in the right place on the phone so it sits higher. Im someone who does NOT want to block the vent, and this just bleeds into the top space of it but not enough to notice any difference. Look at all 4 car photos in my post here (not counting the product photos)

581 - 597 of 597 Posts