Subaru Outback Forums banner

601 - 620 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Which one is that?
It was originally available on Amazon - ijdmtoy brand extra long leather seat gap filler but it's no longer available and the link in my original post no longer points to the correct item.

Edit: The original product image is below in case you're looking for the item under a different name or source.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,904 Posts
So what guys are you using for the gap between the seat and center storage for storage? Been looking at them but don’t know if they’re all created equal.
Whatever you get, don't get the ones with adhesive. The adhesive is weak and WILL melt in the heat and leave a sticky mess all over the place. I made that mistake once on my previous car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wonder if the ones with a cup holder are worth a ****. Already don’t have much room between my thigh and the console. I’m sick of losing my phone down that hole.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,774 Posts
So what guys are you using for the gap between the seat and center storage for storage? Been looking at them but don’t know if they’re all created equal.
Here's what I did. This is still working OK for me. Not as classy looking as the leather ones that SilverOnyx has ( He has good taste! 🍻 but I keep them low/mostly out of sight anyway. The adjustment support I added to keep them in place seems to be working well. As noted, these don't hold allot but I keep a notepad, my cell, and a spare face mask in the drivers side. Extra glasses, bandana , and some napkins in the passenger side. They are helpful in a car where storeage is at such a premium. ( P.s they are great at catching the occasional stray french fry too! 😏 )

As far as the type with the cup holder goes, I havn't tried one but as you say it's pretty tight in that area anyway.
I ended up adding one of these to the rear hump ( with some Velcro). It adds two cup holders and a covered trash can while still staying out of the way of the rear USB's.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT in Autumn Green
173 Posts
@SilverOnyx

I like those side pockets on yours, to keep them from slipping. I ordered these, they have nothing to keep them afloat. I'm hoping that the brown won't be too far off from the seats in the Touring and kind of blend in. They look like they will ride low, below the level of the seat. Which may be an improvement, looks-wise.

Haven't got the car yet, it's still at the dealer. And I don't have the pockets yet either, they're sitting in the mailbox. But sooner or later I'll put it all together, and at that point I'll post a pic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Here are a couple of photos of the console cover I linked above (post #594). I got the neoprene one and put it on yesterday before going paddle boarding. You can see my dogs paw prints from our trip, so it's already protected my console.

View attachment 487281 View attachment 487282
Thanks for this, I just ordered one for my 2012 and one for my 2020 (which I should take delivery of late August)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,904 Posts
Got these bulbs the other day for the front doors' courtesy lights. They are MUCH brighter than the stock incandescents.

I had to take the module out by unplugging it from the harness since it was so humid I couldn't get a good grip on the stock bulb.

Tips for installing these bulbs:
1. The door light is a whole transparent module, not just a cover over a bulb space. It comes out as a whole unit hanging by it's harness.
2. The harness is towards the back of the car so you have to use a thin flat head screwdriver to pry it out from the front direction of the car
3. The above LEDs have a polarity so if they don't work the first time, flip them over.

Normal camera settings:

With night mode on my Pixel:

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,774 Posts
Curious @RocketMan20 if you ended up leaving these on or if you decided to remove them after your test run. I'm on the fence about these. Thanks.
I left the Moon roof deflector on. I wasn't sure I liked how it looked at first but it has grown on me. My concerns about cleaning it (and under it ) have so far been for nothing as well. I do think it quiets an open roof some. Not by a huge amount, but it's noticeable. The thing I've grown to like is the ability to vent the roof back 2" or so under the deflector when I park in the sun. That gives me ventilation with rain protection. I think it was well worth the $75 paid. That said, it wouldn't take but 5 min to remove/reinstall it now. I didn't install it with the sticky tape, just the screw clamps (which have stayed tight). I might pop it off for the winter to give it/the roof a good cleaning and make snow clearing easier.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback (CBS, Premium)
35 Posts
Cargo light upgrade have been the best thing that I’ve done to this car since getting it...why does it not come with the car is mind boggling
Yeah that killed me a little inside - I 'paid' for the upgraded LED interior lighting as part of a package, but they couldn't do the cargo (or vanity) light? Silly bean-counter oversight, I guess.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback (CBS, Premium)
35 Posts
Nice. Get yourself a cargo area tie-down net as well - I think I got one (non-OEM) from Amazon or ebay cheap. Helps when you get bigger items that would roll or tip over to simply slip it under the net. You can even leave your organizer on top of it. This type of net I feel is much more useful that a "V" net that goes side to side...maybe one of those would work best right behind the back seats.
I'm using one of the thousand motorcycle cargo nets I've bought over the years because I forgot to have it with me at the dealership and just bought another one to carry whatever I bought. They're like $10 and last forever, and stretch perfectly between the four corners of the cargo area.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT Autumn Green
58 Posts
601 - 620 of 691 Posts