Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 2nd subaru outback i've had. She's a trusty stead who loves the snow just as much as I do. I live up in Big Bear Lake, CA during the winter so the AWD definitely comes in handy. I gave her a complete full tune a couple weeks ago and prepped her for the mountain roads. (spark plugs were the biggest PITA) As of today I plasti-dipped her wheels + grill + awd logo. My favorite things about these wagons are how much room you have inside. Snow white is awesome!

98, MT, and 76k on the odometer.

Mods :

Universal Rally Armor Mudflaps
WRX wheels and a shift knob
removed all pinstripe decals from body

Mods for after winter :

WRX wagon suspension
short throw shifter + bushing kits
whiteline swaybars

I love simple, functional cars. Snow white will keep her original motor for as long as she can. Eventually will be swapping over to a wrx hybrid motor once I can afford it. Here are some pics, What do you guys think?

and finally the only 2 things i've added inside the car

Thanks for checking out my car, Subaru on!!!!!!!!!:29::29::29::29::29:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the wheel treatment. You should find some black lugnuts to match :)

i would love to find some, except the paint is plasti-dipped and only plan to keep the wheels black maybe through the winter. In the spring I will dip them white

·
Registered
117 Posts
Very nice looking ride, I can't wait till next spring when I get my wrx wheels on my 01.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO the gen 1 has the best front end while the gen 3 has the best all around look,

thank you for viewing snow white, she loves attention

:loveawd: :2:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ahhh I miss my 1st gen wagon a lot...although I do disagree with the amount of space in the car...in terms of carrying stuff like bags, luggage, things of that nature the outback is pretty awesome...But with leg room especially for people with tall legs like myself it's pretty uncomfortable for long distances especially if you are the passenger in the front

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahhh I miss my 1st gen wagon a lot...although I do disagree with the amount of space in the car...in terms of carrying stuff like bags, luggage, things of that nature the outback is pretty awesome...But with leg room especially for people with tall legs like myself it's pretty uncomfortable for long distances especially if you are the passenger in the front

very true, this is the one and only complaint my buddy has who is 6"5. He complains only after about an hour or more in the front seat. Even with it full extended back for as much room as possible.:28:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had a '98 OB Limited white, just like this one (well, mine was stock so it didn't look as cool as this one :) ). These pics make me kind of sad I had to trade her in (110K miles). As the previous poster, the only point I disagree on is on the interior space. In our case, we had three boys in 5 years and ended up with the full car seats, which we could not strap on comfortably in the back seat. Now that the boys are bigger we'll soon have a new OB in the family.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Sweet looking ride.

I'm really digging those mudflaps. Where did you get them and for how much?

Also... if you are interested in black lug nuts, I just picked up a set from Gorilla Automotive for $35... Small Diameter Acorn 5 Lug Kit - Size: M12 x 1.25.

Andre

·
Registered
948 Posts
With the Plasti-Dip... you didn't have to tape off the wheels right? Once it dries, it just peels right off of the rubber?

Andre

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love the look. I just bought a 99 I'm starting to mess with.
I would like to get rid of my pinstripe as well. How did you do this? Doesn't it leave a mess behind with the clearcoat?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts