Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going into my first winter with Suzi and want to make sure I take care of any inconveniences aka VDC when I dont want it. A buddy of mine took his dad's forrester when his STI was down and said the car was literally glued to the road all the time...to the point where he couldnt whip around in the snow very easily and mentioned that the VDC was the reason.

1. How do I know if I have it?
2. How do I turn it on and off if I do have it?

I know I have heard discussions about 'VDC Deletes' but I dont want to get rid of the feature all together should I have it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know thats why most people buy them but 5% of the time I want to throw this bitch around like a madman.

Its an 05 2.5i MT

·
Registered
847 Posts
The easiest way to know if you have VDC is to throw the car into a hard slide in a snow covered parking lot. If the brakes start pulsating and the idiot light flashes, VDC is straightening you out.

You can do a full slide by locking the E-brake, but it's a lot easier with the system turned off. My '07 XT Ltd has a switch below the dimmer.

I am sure your car doesn't have it..... according to Cars101.com, only the 3.0R VDC had the system in the first model year. 2005 Outback- Subaru Outback Research site

John Davies
Spokane WA USA

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch, I had a sinking feeling it didnt as I essentially have the base model but just wanted to make sure before winter and possibly ****** something up

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 06 doesn't have it but on my 09 WRX, it's a switch on the dashboard by your left knee. Turn it off, it's off: no residual function.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Garandman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing