Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
199 Posts
I'm taking'er out for sure. Supposed to get about 24-30 where I am.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6r Limited
165 Posts
Can't wait to see all the pics and videos! Only expecting 3 to 6 inches where I live.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
I'm sure you can find a plow on eBay that'll fit her. Why wait for the plow when you can do both?

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Just be sure to take pictures so those of us who don't get any snow can live vicariously through you.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
355 Posts
We're actually hoping to get some snow. We've been out on X-C skis and snowshoes once in the last two winters, and this is in Michigan where it's supposed to snow in the winter!

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited Eyesight
38 Posts
Since Im on call, I likely will be exploring the 2+ feet at some time this weekend... Shall be interesting:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,312 Posts
I expect to have to go out at some point, though it might be after plows have visited the roads. I'll have some fun, we're expected to get 8-14"

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
It depends if it's light fluffy snow or heavy wet stuff.

If it's light and fluffy...which is probably is if it's 30"...but not 100% of the time (i've seen it change over mid-way, towards the end, etc)...then you've got a lot of freedom for how much you can drive through.

If it's heavy, wet snow or settled/compacted some it'll high center the vehicle. Happens to lifted Subaru's with locking center and clutch type rear differentials in way less than 30".

2 second search shows people high centering and more snow driving feedback:
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/96-outback-unpaved/30134-tips-deep-snow.html

So, I high-centered my Forester in the snow today, got a question - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

·
Registered
2012 OUTBACK 2.5 LIMITED SILVER ICE Metallic, moon and nav free
1,220 Posts
Tear it up.

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Since Im on call, I likely will be exploring the 2+ feet at some time this weekend... Shall be interesting:rolleyes:
I'm so glad I give up my on call rotation in about 36 minutes!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2011 2.5 Limited Cypress Green
573 Posts
The answer of course is yes.

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,477 Posts
Already started here in PA... I think this is just the tease before the real deal shows up tomorrow afternoon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts