• What software?

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it's been a few weeks for everyone to get used to it, I figured I'd post a poll to get a gauge for how the community is responding to these changes.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I had no issues with vBulletin and have no issues with Xenforo.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
The software is a big improvement over vB, the implementation has sucked so far. MIA are visable user info and advanced search. Lets see if tomorrow's promised search update actually works.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've concluded, reluctantly and after some whining, that this new software in an improvement -- despite, as noted, the lack of visible user information (which, I suspect, can be easily fixed). One thing I like is that other-car sites that are part of VerticalScope operate consistently with this one. That wasn't the case so much with vBulletin, as least as it was implemented on various sites.

And I've not been part of a site ever whose search functionality did not produce wailing and gnashing of teeth. HPH

·
Registered
108 Posts
New is good. Search could be better with more options. hard to narrow the results down - OR - I don't know what I am doing!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I liked it from day one. My main reason for liking it is cross-platform viewing compatibility.

I view and post from my tablet 90% of the time.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I like most of it.... better control over attachments. Miss the little icon for a list of all attachments in a thread (from the topics list view). Not a deal breaker though.

An indent function would be nice as a button (I use bbcode now for that).

Like the font and color scheme better than the last one.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I am not really a fan of the new site but tolerate it. I find I am not as active as I used to be on the old site, due to the lack of a good search function etc.

I had to find something earlier in the week and it took me around 40mins of searching using various methods (using google and site: finally found what I needed)

This site is much better now I am using an Ad-blocker (first time in around 24 years of internet use I have needed to use one) as at least now I can see the forum info without having to visually filter out all the advertisements.

Not sure how active I will be moving forward which I feel is a negative for myself and the forum.

Seagrass

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
harder to find posts Ive made and go directly to them. harder to search. ads among the posts are annoying. more clicks to see the things I usually want to see first.

Judging by the 50% "not a fan" up there - apparently Im not alone.

·
Registered
326 Posts
yep a bit harder to search as others have pointed out. The recently update posts that showed up on the right hand side in the old one was pretty convenient too.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I am really frustrated I can't search my own past posts and I cant search my own threads.

The lack of these functions is something that very much inhibits my participation.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
I am really frustrated I can't search my own past posts and I cant search my own threads.

The lack of these functions is something that very much inhibits my participation.
Have you tried the recently added advance search function?

·
Super Moderator
25,281 Posts
When searching for something food related I noticed on a food forum they had stuck with traditional Vbulletin, and then had a beta of the future as a button on the top. (this was weeks ago, and I did not find discussion as to what I wanted,...so I can't link it.)

but they were "BETA TESTING" the changes for moderators / members:
to try / comment, and admin fix, before switching.
:eek: ...how unique.

nice polite pol though, ... only took them 6 days to delete my donkey themed one jammed in their own thread.🐢
(although one of the mods did vote that they eat everything on the donkey menu,...so I guess one good soul did find the humor in such a predicament they have painted us into,...and did get the joke 🐴)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Indifferent. I liked the old forum just fine and wasn't looking for any changes. A couple of my motorcycle forums have also switched to whatever new software this site is using, and I haven't noticed anything that I like better than the old software those sites had.

·
Registered
141 Posts

I do this by hovering over my profile picture or avitar ------> following and then the options appear at the top of the page near the brower address????

**same place if you got an alert that I responded to your post.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I do this by hovering over my profile picture or avitar ------> following and then the options appear at the top of the page near the brower address????

**same place if you got an alert that I responded to your post.
I know that drop down, I didn't know they finally got the advanced search tool implemented. I have been waiting patiently, FINALLY

1 - 20 of 54 Posts