Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB Lim, wife/2005 Chevy Tahoe LS 4x4, me
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And they wanted to play games...I am not having it. In the meantime, a slightly used 2013 popped up about 75 miles from me at another dealer. I am happy b/c I prefer barely used cars, and outbacks are not plentiful in dfw.

Question: what can I expect for financing on a used 2013 through subaru finance? I qualify for .9/48 and 1.9/60 on a new one. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Ultimately I will find out, but I want to be armed and slightly dangerous.

Btw, the wife demanded a limited :( b/c of the rear a/c vents for Texas heat and the kids.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,322 Posts
Should be pretty straightforward, what’s on the form/language.<O:p</O:p
Used meaning it’s been titled, is SOA financing available on Used?<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
'13 OBW SAP 3.6R
416 Posts
Which dealership were you working with?

In DFW you have the luxury of having about 4-5 within 'reasonable' driving distance. I will have to agree with you that they are not the easiest to deal with. I had a tough time when trying to deal for mine.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,567 Posts

My credit union finances "late model" used cars at the same rate as new.
They define "late model" as 2012 or newer with less than 30,000 miles.

... current rate: up to 60 months @ 1.79% APR,

Looby

·
Registered
2012 4LT Centennial Edition Grand Sport Corvette convertible
496 Posts
The lowest credit union rate available for me is 1.25% on used vehicles for up to 48 months.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
Question: what can I expect for financing on a used 2013 through subaru finance? I qualify for .9/48 and 1.9/60 on a new one. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Ultimately I will find out, but I want to be armed and slightly dangerous.
Go for the current rates for a new car, as long as the car was not previously damaged - if it was damaged, you might want to reconsider the purchase. If your credit ratings is solid then Subaru/Chase should not find that to be problematic.

·
Registered
2013 OB Lim, wife/2005 Chevy Tahoe LS 4x4, me
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help, I really do appreciate it. I look forward to being part of the gang and being able to help the newbies some day.

I am posting a new thread to get some help/opinions evaluating a potential deal that I am looking at.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
I wouldn't be too surprised by unpalatable dealer experiences, it's quite common across the nation no matter what manufacturer you're buying from.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The dealer here in Fort Wayne is pretty iffy too. I went to look at a few cars last Monday. The guy had a car at another dealer (same dealer group) that was exactly what I wanted - 2011, 40K mile limited with all of the options I wanted and a M/T for fairly cheap (19.5K).

The problem? It was 4 hours away at a Mitsubishi dealer and the Subie dealer here in FW told me he could have it shipped over for the next day and get it certified. I'm not going to buy a used car that new that isn't certified. So, I tell him I'll have the down payment and title for my car on Saturday (last Saturday). I call Wednesday and ask how it's going - the guy I worked with wasn't there, so I talked with another guy - he said they called and didn't hear back from the other dealership. I call the Mitsu dealer - they had never received the call. Finally Saturday I get a call from the guy I originally worked with. He said that there was someone to look at the car, and he'd call them after noon to see about getting it shipped to FW, then would call me back. He never called me back. Forget that guy.

Meanwhile, 90 miles away, there are four OB's in my price range, two of which are certified, and I've already had about 15 emails and two calls back and forth with one of the guys at this dealership. He spoke with the service manager about the shake issue, test drove the two certified cars (an another I said I was interested in) up to 80 mph to confirm no shake, and has kept me updated on what's going on with all the cars. No run around, no BS. He also cut the price of my primary choice by $1000 without my even having been there yet. Going to look at them tomorrow.

·
Registered
2012 limited, white, no moonroof or nav
1,698 Posts
The dealer here in Fort Wayne is pretty iffy too. I went to look at a few cars last Monday. The guy had a car at another dealer (same dealer group) that was exactly what I wanted - 2011, 40K mile limited with all of the options I wanted and a M/T for fairly cheap (19.5K).

The problem? It was 4 hours away at a Mitsubishi dealer and the Subie dealer here in FW told me he could have it shipped over for the next day and get it certified. I'm not going to buy a used car that new that isn't certified. So, I tell him I'll have the down payment and title for my car on Saturday (last Saturday). I call Wednesday and ask how it's going - the guy I worked with wasn't there, so I talked with another guy - he said they called and didn't hear back from the other dealership. I call the Mitsu dealer - they had never received the call. Finally Saturday I get a call from the guy I originally worked with. He said that there was someone to look at the car, and he'd call them after noon to see about getting it shipped to FW, then would call me back. He never called me back. Forget that guy.

Meanwhile, 90 miles away, there are four OB's in my price range, two of which are certified, and I've already had about 15 emails and two calls back and forth with one of the guys at this dealership. He spoke with the service manager about the shake issue, test drove the two certified cars (an another I said I was interested in) up to 80 mph to confirm no shake, and has kept me updated on what's going on with all the cars. No run around, no BS. He also cut the price of my primary choice by $1000 without my even having been there yet. Going to look at them tomorrow.
Uh, just so you know, there is no such thing as a limited with a MT. All limited have either the CVT with the 2.5 or the auto with the 3.6. Before you go to a lot of trouble, find out if it is a MT premium level or a limited, with a slushbox. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
32 Posts
And by limited, I meant premium. But, uh...thanks.

Honestly, premium vs. limited weirds me out with Subaru - Premium is nearly always top of the line, not middle of the road.

Anyway, that's for, uh, finding my mistype.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Premium and 2014 2.5i 6-spd
67 Posts
Falcone Subaru in Indianapolis. You won't go wrong dealing with them. I bought both of my 2011's there. Good deal, no crap, no hassle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts