Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My garage is shared by the wife's 99 MKIV Jetta VR6. Hmm, no pics of that around.

I also have a barn on the property where this is kept for the winter months:

And I do drive this. It currently has 173,000 on the clock. And I even do this on occasion:

EDIT: Until I move the pics to a new account.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Thats a very nice RS! :D

Two of my best friends from high school had those and I've had many good times in their Camaros (in a few odd, tight places also :D ). And Jesus man, what have you done to that car! :eek: No one I've ever known could pull off a smokey burnout like that let alone get those nice of pics like you have.

I have no garage where I live, but back in my hometown I used to have a 1975 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (read: 22ft long) that's back half stuck out of my Mom's garage :p

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sweet pics! Thats my favorite gen Camaro.

I don't share a garage with it but my girlfriend has a 1994 Accord EX 2 door. It is really nice for a 94. The interior is on par with my '01. :eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cao Cao said:
Thats a very nice RS! :D

Two of my best friends from high school had those and I've had many good times in their Camaros (in a few odd, tight places also :D ). And Jesus man, what have you done to that car! :eek: No one I've ever known could pull off a smokey burnout like that let alone get those nice of pics like you have.

I have no garage where I live, but back in my hometown I used to have a 1975 Cadillac Sedan DeVille (read: 22ft long) that's back half stuck out of my Mom's garage :p
Actually the RS is still stock. Only change is the air filter. Since it only dyno's about 150hp you should see what the other guys in my F-body club does with tires when they are in the 320hp+ range.

·
Registered
50 Posts
OK, for the guys oogling my roadster in the magnetic bra thread, here's the whole car . . .

This is my BMW M Roadster. It's a 2002 model, with the S54 engine, 315hp and 251 lb.-ft. torque.

In 1999 I leased an M Roadster - I was so delighted by the car that when the lease was up I decided to upgrade to the new engine and purchased the car I have now. I simply love this car. It's a blast to drive. The handling is great, but quirky enough to demand attention to get the most out of it. It's not a car that is effortless to drive fast - and I like it that way.

Unlike a lot of today's small convertibles, it has a nice low beltline so you feel like you're sitting out in the breeze instead of down in a bathtub. The car draws a fair share of attention and I constantly hear "Nice car!". Personally I was very disappointed by the Z4's styling, count me as one of Chris Bangle's critics - I hate what he's been doing at BMW.

It's useless in the snow, so I've heard, mine stays garaged all winter. It has hardly any trunk space. The Outback is so much more practical.

But the M Roadster is a lot more fun.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
Hero Boots said:
Greeny, you're soo full of it! :D You need to get one of these in your garage (or hangar)...
*drool*

Hero, believe it or not, my life goal from 7th grade through junior year of High School was to enter the Air Force to fly (preferably F-16s because they are the best looking fighter of all time, I don't know why anyone would watch Top Gun when Iron Eagle is available!).

Unfortunately, that year I got glasses and the recruiters who visited my school told me: "Sorry kid, corrective lenses are not acceptable for AF pilots." so I said "F**K YOU. I'M GONNA BE A ROCKSTAR INSTEAD."
Ok so I didn't say that exactly, but I wasn't pleased (and I'm still working on the rockstar thing).

Anyway, I imagine you get to see these aircraft up close and personal on a semi-regular basis, and for that I am EXTREMELY jealous. The B-52 is clearly one of the most impressive machines ever built, not to mention its incredible success rate, versatility, and lifespan!

*drool*

·
Registered
137 Posts
Unfortunately my garage is so small a Legacy would barely fit, so my wife and I converted half of it ourselves to a living space. The half left over is full of bicycles, and a few projects. My driveway is then the envy of the neighborhood with our '02 OB and the lowly '90 sedan.

One of the best engine sounds I ever heard was back in 1984 while at NAS Fallon, NV doing a weekly inspection of groundsupport equipment. There was a transport plane with huge radial engines. I was all the way on the other side of the airfield so the beautiful sound was like that of a healthy big block idling nearby. There wasn't any vehicle that could have had a V8, in addition to that all the vehicles were sitting quietly.

When I targetted the sound it was only aircraft on the line. At that time I thought all large military aircraft had gas turbine engines (turboprop/turbofan/etc.)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Mary K said:
:mad:
My other half drives an '02 VW Golf TDI. He defected from Subarus in '94. Love my new Outback. MK
Sounds like grounds for divorce to me, or at least some serious brainwashing errr counseling by the friendly subaruoutback.org folk ;)

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Jondalar said:

Sounds like grounds for divorce to me, or at least some serious brainwashing errr counseling by the friendly subaruoutback.org folk ;)
:8: Huh?!?

Nah! :21:

·
Registered
166 Posts
looks like alot of you guys are very loyal to subaru and own more then one. maybe someday but for now i got a 91 sentra too. but what takes up the garage is this. something a bit differant.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
15 Participants
bheinz57
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing