Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask if anyone had heard of the issue that I recently had at my Subaru dealership. I had an issue with my check engine light for a few months going on for a couple days and then out for a while. When I brought it in they said that it needed a new air/fuel ratio sensor and then he said that there was an update to the computer software. They charged me $40 for the update and a bunch more for the sensor. I thought the software update was rediculous! Does everyone think that if they realize a problem with the software that this should be covered under a recall or something? Just kind of found this unusual.

Got to say other than this that Subarus rock! My first one.

Thanks for the feedback!

MNags

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're in the US, go to the US Highway and Transportation Administration's web site and look up for recalls. I, too, have an '01 and found out, after I bought my Outback, that there were several recalls, including what I believe you were talking about, the "reflash" of the computer. All of the items were covered by Subaru when I took the vehicle to them. traintrackker

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
traintrackker
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing