Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any software updates available for MY16 head unit?
And of so, is it worth the upgrade? What was changed/fixed/added?
I had my head unit teplaced under warranty in 2018, so I would think that I am on some 2018 version of software.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi- I have 2017 and have had head unit issues that the dealer “can’t replicate”. I have skipping during playback after taking call.... what was the reason for your replacement?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It stopped conecting phones via Bluetooth
iirc.

·
Registered
17' Outback Touring 3.6R
250 Posts
Hi- I have 2017 and have had head unit issues that the dealer “can’t replicate”. I have skipping during playback after taking call.... what was the reason for your replacement?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You just have to tap on live. The head unit is horrible when it's in the buffer. It gets repetitive for me so I never use it like a dvr. Just hit live, and whatever I miss, I miss.

I need to research a firmware update I can pop on a USB drive. Not one dealer will do it without shelling out prohibitive money, not even if I'm getting other work done. So screw'em. Just reinforces this being my last Subaru.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,205 Posts
Are there any software updates available for MY16 head unit?
And of so, is it worth the upgrade? What was changed/fixed/added?
I had my head unit teplaced under warranty in 2018, so I would think that I am on some 2018 version of software.

Thanks!
Simply call ANY Subaru dealer and give them your VIN.... they can tell you if there are any outstanding updates for your specific vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts